Local Solar Scheme - legit or scam?

2»

Comments

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    To get back to the original issue. The installer appears the have made extremely dubious claims (no one here thinks the numbers are reasonable) and appears to be expensive too. At this point trust in the installer is gone and so it's time to walk away. No further questions necessary nor explanations to the installer. Simply get rid!

I can't remember the exact rules, but don't business sites have to give addresses, some sort of contact info, registration etc. This one has nothing, though I'm also not used to that address so I looked it up and found this:
    .tk is a free kind of domain name. So it means it can be a prank; it can be a experimental project/site. Be careful while going through any .tk domain.

I am not saying that these are all frauds; as I am also a former user of .tk and it was really a help for me to have a free domain name to start my blog. I continued almost 1.5 years with the .tk domain name. But be careful as it can also be used for phishing.

Doesn't really prove anything, but certainly raises my concerns even further as the instigators remain unknown. :question:
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Same on Instagram and obvious wrong, they claim it is totally free. They even suggest to place it on all houses regardless of position! I had legit solar companies who sadly told me the house is in the wrong position and that despite the GOV subsidy I would still have to take out a loan if accepted. And look at h t t p ://view.localsolarscheme.tk/?area=Consett/UK - nice to fill in a form in plain sight and then get targeted by a sniffer! Don’t use the form, that is NOT safe - if they can’t give a safe page then they may not be a safe provider either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure