Check what you buy in TKMaxx

Bought a cardigan in TKMaxx with a designer label in Carina Ricci!! (Never heard of them).On arriving home and checking washing instructions noticed on label inside cardigan 'sainsburys careline' with tel nbr! Called nbr and got sainsburys customer service. After explaining about the cardigan advisor said TKMaxx should not be selling any clothing with sainsburys label on. Was advised to take photos and send to customer service, I was also given an Enq nbr. Ive done this twice and had confirmation of receipt of my email and no more, that was over a week ago..so much for Sainsburys customer service. So be warned if you shop in TKMaxx check the labels inside. Item was even being sold at a higher price! Whats strange is why would a customer change labels in a TU item to a supposed designer one? So makes you wonder what really goes on. Maybe thats why Sainsburys have'nt responded to my emails!

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It just looks like this cheap Italian stuff you can buy that’s usually hand wash only .
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Duplicate thread already seven posts here:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5731130
  • I no duplicate thread, posted in wrong category, just want to make people aware of what their buying.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I no duplicate thread, posted in wrong category, just want to make people aware of what their buying.

Only need to post it once.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You bought a cardigan, got a cardigan.

I appreciate the fact that you were duped, but most people know their “designer names” and Carina Ricci isn’t one of them.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'll post the same as I have on your other thread, in case you're not reading the replies there:

I'm not sure what you expect Sainsbury's Customer Service to do. You aren't their customer, your TKMaxx's customer. Other than thanking you for letting them know what were you expecting them to do for you?

I think you're being very unfair to Sainsbury's, you should be pursuing TK Maxx for not cutting out all the labels properly, who probably won't give a hoot. They buy rejects and rebrand them, it's how they make their money.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • I only phoned sainsburys to make them aware, it was the advisor that said to email. I dont expect sainsburys to do anything I no its not their fault. But it does highlight that if you do have an issue/complaint or whatever their email service is not up to scratch. As for TKMaxx I am aware how they work but there is still people out there not aware and no I wouldnt class carina ricci as a designer brand, never heard of it.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    What did you pay for the cardie? Are you happy with the price and quality? If so, what does it matter if it’s from Sainsbury’s or has a label you’ve never heard from?

Personally, if find Tu clothing to be good quality at an excellent price but then I buy it in Sainsbury’s!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    TK Maxx have a lot (like 100+) of phantom/soundalike brands owned by the master company, and these make up the bulk of their sales. They also license designs from designers and re-cut them cheaper to look similar but to a lower spec. Let's face it, there are not enough genuine surplus designer clothes in the world to fill a single TK Maxx, let alone their international empire, so they have to invent designers and make new stock under license just to create enough stock to get you through the door.
  • Haylescom
    Haylescom Posts: 342 Forumite
    As an additional point, I've always found Sainsburys go out of their way to make up for their own mistakes, not sure this is a reflection on their service really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure