PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    oh your poor poor house, but i notice the priorities are in place as the kettle is working
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Haha -- That is brilliant observation -- It is now definitely relegated to a builders kettle. And DOH and DD'S fiancee and Buster of course-- chief Chippys mate come up the road to DMIL's for a cooked lunch which I spent weeks before Christmas cooking and freezing so at least they have a hot lunch! I am trying to kill 2 vbirds with 1 stone and get DMIL above her 6 stone 2 lbs!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • sorry been awol...had a difficult week last week and thinking time needed...step back taken, plans in place and will just carry on plodding for the moment and focus getting through :(
    Poor shiomi still has collar and even worse the two have to be separated (as when we are out as the two play roughly and she still has stitches in!) All being well they will come out on Friday/Sat am.
    Mrs M your poor mum...sometimes it just feels too much to bear doesent it?
    Socky hugs for you...
    Roaming...do you think some money may have made its way into the maries hand perchance?!!
    Miol hope you are ok?
    Chalky lovely piccies of the baby but eek to the house!! They certainly cant be accused of mithering can they eh!!
    Blanket is coming on slowly! Will upload piccy soon!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• evening everyone

its nice to be able to post again - have been in hospital for my usual treatment - wasnt feeling too chirpy - partly due to the intended 'date' deciding when he saw my photo that he was no longer interested - my old ego took it harder than I expected - but I am home - maybe a bit flat but will plod on regardless.

ooooooooooh chalky did you know you have a hole in your roof:eek: thats scary stuff going on there-hope the weather holds and everything takes shape real soon - you are very brave x
    awh that wee man William is adorable - hope you got stocked up on cuddles to keep you going!

kinsey so glad to hear your brother is home.
    f1 well done dealing with your money problems - its one of the hardest things to admit so dont be hard on yourself -we know you needed support of a different kind and I really hope you get things under control - it just gives you more stress - I have been there so can imagine what you are going through - speak to people and get it sorted it can ruin your life if not honey(((hugs)))
    salome what a lovely lappy - gorgeous colours
    pippa and the same to you too - what a lovely hex blanket - what patience to get it finished - well done
    jean hope the noise has stopped and you have caught up on the sleep!
    mrs MP huge hugs and strength for your family but especially the twins and your Mum

have only skimmed through so please dont be offended if I have missed you - definatley not intentional.

tried to do some knitting in hosp but heart wasnt in it and the wool was not of continuous quality so kepy having to rip it out and then gave up.

hope to be back on track this week

take care my lovelies

toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• salome
    salome Posts: 352
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

Love the 'open plan' of your house Chalky :-) Bit droughty though lol.
    I did finish my fleecy socks I was making for the care home, and they are now in the possession of a dear old lady there :-) Apparently the carers think they are nice, so will make some more. I forgot to to take a pic of them but will remember next time :-) Busy doing a 'fun knit' at the moment. While over in America, I went to a craft store (a big one !!!!!!!!!) with my daughter's MIL and she picked up a free pattern for toeless socks, to wear with flip flops. She doesn't knit (crochets brilliantly though) and was amused by them, so decided to make a pair, when I go over next I'll wear them, and see what she says lol. I've nearly finished the first one. I couldn't resist it lol.
    Was very relieved to hear my American family were safe after a tornado hit close by. Dawn said it was about 5mins away from her !!! They had to get into their closet, she said she heard it go by. Sadly, someone who was a friend of their pastor's son, died. Apparently, this family lost the whole of their house :-( and the daughter died. So sad :-(
    Anyway. Have a prosperous and blessed day. Hugs to all in need ((((hugs)))) love you all.

x
    A work in progress :D
  • saolme so sorry to hear about the devistation caused by the tornado glad your family escaped but my heart and prayers go out to those affected by it.
    the toeless socks sound interesting
    tooti its definately HIS LOSS! i hope you are feeling more positive and your treatments are going well hopefully now you are back home your knitting mojo will return
    i hope all are well
    the weather is miserable here this mornng but i did get a lovely text last night from my brother two beautiful pictures of the girls he said lily is still poorly and the drs have said she wont be coming home for some considerable time but lola is doing well and is now a healthy 7lb. i cant believe they are 3 months old already

hugs and kind thoughts to all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all

Well it's a miserable day here dull, damp and bloomin cold.

Mamogram went ok this morning just got to wait for 2-3 weeks for the results

OH not feeling great he has good and bad days...todays a bad one...

Thank you all for the nice comments about the hex blanket :o:)

chalky - I've heard of open plan living but thats a bit extreme don't you think? :rotfl:Can't wait to see the mended house,it will be like living in a whole new one ooo how exciting
    mrs-m - O your poor Mum she sure does have a heavy load...hope it all eases off for her soon
    toots - as mrs m said HIS LOSS...I am sure your mojo is just lurking and will pop up again before long :)
    f1 - we never got to Lidl yesterday so no new wool boo hoo... we went and did our's and Mums shopping then took Mums over to her, by the time we finally got back we were worn out...so on went the heating, then the kettle, got the bickies then vegd out hmmm bliss
    jean...I SAID JEAN...take the earmuffs off its all gone now :rotfl:

I am working on a squiggle square and a heart one for Mrs Twins challenges it's really relaxing doing squares especially new ones...

I am going out tonight with some friends I used to work with, we do this every year its nice to catch up over a drink and a meal, I am really looking forward to it.

Right off for a :coffee: Love to all
    Anne
    x
  • Hello to everyone, I am a newbie who has just discovered this wonderful thread! I am a stay at home mum to two girls 4 and 9 and enjoy knitting and crochet in my spare time. I would love to knit some things for charity for a change so will follow the links to see what I find.
    I have a page on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lismarlilmia

Hoping to pick up lots of tips and hints and meet people who share the same interests as me. :j
  • welcome lismarlilmia! Let us know if you need any direction/guidance!
    Toots big hug for you...sort that blokie was so hurtful and shallow but hope you can gather yourself, dust yourself off and venture back in gently :) I have heard that ones like eharmony (that you pay for) tend to attract more genuine people/less very odd people than the freebies according to someone who does them...
    Very exciting news is that Ive had an appointment for the consultant so am much excited! Next tues which made me laugh-so much quicker when you pay!! I was a bit surprised that it was THAT quick though!
    http://annie-athome.blogspot.com/2012/01/bella-bella.html?spref=fb
    here is the quilt that I did for my goddaughter...meanwhile operation blanket continues; unfortunately I spoiled it a bit by adding an extra col that doesent quite match...grr
    Pippa hope all well with the nasty girlie test...I am told they are quite painful?
    Chalky hope operation rebuild is fast too!
    Salome scary to hear about the typhoon! yuckky and scary but thank goodness all well
    F1 how you doing?
    May hope you are ok?
    Socky, psso, miol and pfungi hugs for you....hope that you are all feeling brighter soon :) Soon the spring will be here, lighter evenings and some sunshine :)
    Right off to do some hooky. Big hugs those that need them
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Lovely to meet you lismarlilmia, love your name and and you've made some beautiful things.

mrs mp so sorry for your poor mum, please send her some big hugs.

Pippa aren't those mammograms horrid, but I do hope the results are good.

tootti as others have said it's his loss, and he must be quite shallow so you're better off without him, so sucks to him.

mioliere hope you're ok, hug hug.

Love to all. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family