Kitchen wall cabinets

Options
I’m hoping someone on here can help me find what I need because I’m having no luck at all.

I really need a 1000x700mm kitchen wall cabinet carcass, I need to replace a damaged one in my kitchen and I already have the doors and side panels to match the rest of the kitchen but cannot find anywhere that seems to sell them in 700mm height, they all seem to be 720mm+

So does anyone know of any kitchen suppliers/manufacturers that firstly would have that size and secondly sell a single unit? Ideally I want it under £100, if it’s more I’d probably just build my own replacement instead as we plan on getting a new kitchen in a few years so reluctant to spend too much just to keep it practical for now.

Comments

• Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Options
    Take 20mm off the side panels of a B&poo carcass off the shelf.......

HTH

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ruski wrote: »
    Take 20mm off the side panels of a B&poo carcass off the shelf.......

HTH

Russ

We’ve actually considered that but most of them look like they are glued together so could potentially cause too much damage taking one apart to cut it. But it is still an option we’re considering. Another one being just buying a 720mm and having a 1cm gap at the top and bottom. It won’t look the best but will only be for a couple of years at the most, it’s not as if our house is a show house that has to be perfect.
  • Ruski
    Options
    They're flatpack - all you have to do is put the dowels 20mm higher and cut off the 20mm.... Modifying carcasses is nothing out of the ordinary, unlike your 700mm ones!!

HTH

Russ
  • Fosterdog
    Options
    Thanks, will definitely do that then, didn’t realise they were flat pack last time we did a kitchen was a few years ago in our old house the units came prebuilt, we just had to add doors and fix them in place.

We only bought the house last year and didn’t realise the wall cabinets are 20mm shorter than they should be. I’ve no idea why the previous owners would have bought something so unusual as we have very high ceilings and plenty of room for standard or even extra height cabinets. It’s got me wondering where they could have got them from though to also have the doors with a 700 drop.
  • Ruski
    Options
    Indeed 700mm is an unusual height - I'm presuming you already have the door?

I doubt very much that the hinge location will be compatible, so those will also have to be created in the carcass using a 5mm drill bit. Are the hinges branded at all?

Time and patience will be the key here.. unless you have a B&Q nearby to keep buying units from!!!!

HTH

Russ
  • Hi,

Magnet's wall carcasses should fit your 700mm doors.

Regards.
  • Fosterdog
    Options
    Ruski wrote: »
    Indeed 700mm is an unusual height - I'm presuming you already have the door?

I doubt very much that the hinge location will be compatible, so those will also have to be created in the carcass using a 5mm drill bit. Are the hinges branded at all?

Time and patience will be the key here.. unless you have a B&Q nearby to keep buying units from!!!!

HTH

Russ

Yes we already have the doors, the current one is still on the wall but needs replacing, what we assumed was just going to be a simple job of taking one off, put the new one on and swapping the doors turned out to be not so simple when we measured up.

The DIY side of it is no issue and we have all the tools needed and I really don’t care if it’s not perfect because it’s just a temporary fix, it is more frustrating that a simple 10 minute job will become a weekend project.
    Hi,

Magnet's wall carcasses should fit your 700mm doors.

Regards.

Thanks for this, I’d completely forgotten that magnet exist, we have a local one so we’ll try there first and if not go with plan B of butchering a B&Q one. That’s possibly where the previous owners got the kitchen from originally, although nothing to actually identify it as such.
  • dean069
    Options
    I’ve found one from selcobw, but can’t put a link up cause a newb

Your loving other half
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business