IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court papers ref BW legal/Excel

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

So the paralegal is not a name I have noticed on here before, they are relying on Parking eye vs Beavis, Elliot and Loake and CPS vs AJH films, in fact they have stated that the defendant says that Parking eye vs Beavis does apply, which is not true.

What planet do these people live on.
    I am sure you can prove that the Beavis case has no bearing on you

Elliot and Loake and CPS vs AJH
    They have already lost in court using these claims.

I hope you will prove to a Judge that BWLegal continue to
    quote rubbish
    If that's what they are going to rely upon, they will lose again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WOHN3IqM8
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Now there has been no e-mail exchanges by me with BW Legal, it has all been done by post to date, so I wonder where they got the address from as it is my work/personal one.

You might have included it when you filled in the DQ, (Directions Questionnaire).
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Upload their​ bundle to Dropbox, one drive or similar and share the link on here.

Also post your draft ws for review before submitting.

Did you get Skipton court as per your request?
  • STuartqaqcndt
    Options
    No I did not go to Skipton in the end, we do have some relatives there who would have accommodated us, but they are moving in the period the case would be heard. Ok will try the drop box thing.
    I must say the bundle is very poor quality printing/copying looks like it is the copy of a copy of a copy etc.
  • STuartqaqcndt
    STuartqaqcndt Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2017 at 4:33PM
    Options
    OK, here is the link for the bundle. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipldrqj94f8h25j/WS%20BWL20170607173510144.pdf?dl=0

Now should I structure my WS to reply to the specific sections in BWL"s Witness statement, or simply
    expand/reassert my own defence statements
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Have they called you, a male Defendant, 'her' and assumed the defendant was driving?

And the witness (not working for the parking firm) is certainly not a person with direct knowledge as to what happened in that car park five years ago and may not have even stated the source of the information - did they?
    Now three people were insured for driving at the time this occurred, I have not indicated any driver to date, and I am/was the registered keeper.
    You have never told them who was driving and this was pre-POFA. You should be gunning for punitive costs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • STuartqaqcndt
    Options
    Ok my WS is at the link. Please review and advise, now running short of time.
    Hopefully I have covered all the bases.
    Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/WS%20Draft%201.docx?_subject_uid=396332448&w=AAB2kmw9oO8XGtGHLHgt_c9rF6h-KjrDMZSd-rQxMc1BsQ
  • STuartqaqcndt
    Options
    Right then, it seems that BW did not pay the court fee on time and the case has been struck out, apparently they tried to pay about ten days later and were turned down, so I suppose they may restart it.
    My question now is what recourse, if any, do I have to get some recompense out of them?.
    I was looking forward to trying to stiff them for punitive damages, when they lost the case if that was going to be possible.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Right then, it seems that BW did not pay the court fee on time and the case has been struck out, apparently they tried to pay about ten days later and were turned down, so I suppose they may restart it.
    My question now is what recourse, if any, do I have to get some recompense out of them?.
    I was looking forward to trying to stiff them for punitive damages, when they lost the case if that was going to be possible.

Hooray!

You could consider a complaint then LBCCC to the PPC and the landowner, then a claim for compensation of a few hundred (naming both parties). Don't rush it, you'd need to establish the issues with the landowner in a complaint first to give them a chance to settle it.

And you would need to research your legal arguments, you can't just make up a sum out of thin air.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • STuartqaqcndt
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Hooray! :j

You could consider a complaint then LBCCC to them and the landowner, then a claim for compensation of a few hundred (naming both parties). Don't rush it, you'd need to establish the issues with the landowner in a complaint first to give them a chance to settle it.

And you would need to research your legal arguments, you can't just make up a sum out of thin air (PPCs do that!).

:)

Ok will be looking into it, you got me there what is LBCCC?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure