Asda Money Cashback card changing to vouchers

Comments

• philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I shop at Asda so not that fussed, but if I didn't I'd be well miffed.
  • I have not had a letter yet, but I however got a nationwide card in preparation. Already have a tsb card!
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Ive had the letter of ASDA today, fortunately I have an Nationwide card with cash back. I won't be using the ASDA card anymore.
  • Does anyone know whether these vouchers can be used to buy petrol at Asda
  • Yes, just opened my letter today. I used to shop at Asda regularly, which is why I took the card out in the first place. I'm now an Aldi convert, so Asda vouchers not much use to me. I found it very useful - I have a Santander 123 credit card that pays cashback on purchases at supermarkets, fuel stations, train tickets and department stores - but I used the Asda card for purchases that didn't fall in to any of those categories.

With an average Asda card spend of £1500 a month, I was getting about £7.50 in cashback, or £90 a year - better than a slap in the face with a wet haddock, but not worth making a special trip to Asda for each month. Does anyone know if there's a time limit to spending the vouchers? (I wouldn't mind a special trip for ninety quids-worth of booze just before Christmas).

Humph.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • No they don't allow use of the vouchers for fuel purchase I'm afraid.
  • Yes, just opened my letter today. I used to shop at Asda regularly, which is why I took the card out in the first place. I'm now an Aldi convert, so Asda vouchers not much use to me. I found it very useful - I have a Santander 123 credit card that pays cashback on purchases at supermarkets, fuel stations, train tickets and department stores - but I used the Asda card for purchases that didn't fall in to any of those categories.

With an average Asda card spend of £1500 a month, I was getting about £7.50 in cashback, or £90 a year - better than a slap in the face with a wet haddock, but not worth making a special trip to Asda for each month. Does anyone know if there's a time limit to spending the vouchers? (I wouldn't mind a special trip for ninety quids-worth of booze just before Christmas).

Humph.

No expiry date on the cashback accumulated but once you request a voucher, you only have 28 days to use the voucher.
  • Got my letter today announcing the change. Think I'm going to close the account as i dont shop in Asda.
  • iAMaLONDONER
    iAMaLONDONER Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    No expiry date on the cashback accumulated but once you request a voucher, you only have 28 days to use the voucher.

Is the voucher on a physical gift card or is is a paper voucher to print out?
  • It can be printed off as a paper voucher or you can show it instore on your mobile phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure