Morrisons new Privacy Policy

Morrisons have a new privacy policy for More Card holders. They will now provide "anonymised" information that will allow services to bombard you with Adverts. You will have had an email about this if you are a member. I did nit give permission for this and there is no process to stop it. I have sent them an email saying I don't give permission for this and they should cease. I suggest others do the same.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 20 July 2017 at 11:46AM
    If you dont like it - cancel your account :)

You will probably find somewhere in the T&Cs that says they can make changes to the scheme and its privacy policy whenever they want , as long as they tell you ( which they have done through the email ) , and then give you the option of accepting these new conditions or cancelling your card.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    worslesr wrote: »
    Morrisons have a new privacy policy for More Card holders. They will now provide "anonymised" information that will allow services to bombard you with Adverts. You will have had an email about this if you are a member. I did nit give permission for this and there is no process to stop it. I have sent them an email saying I don't give permission for this and they should cease. I suggest others do the same.

The actual text is:
    This is just a note to let you know that we have updated our Privacy Policy - to make sure we’re being as clear as possible in terms of how we use your information.

What has changed - and why?

Here’s the section of the Privacy Policy that we’ve updated:

To ensure Morrisons adverts you see on different websites are more relevant to you, we’ll now provide some anonymous information about you and your shopping habits to the organisations who place our online advertising. We gather this information from your More Card activity, website cookies and other similar technologies. It is then combined with data from other internet users to create audience profiles consisting of particular interests and characteristics.These audience profiles are used by our online advertisers to serve you adverts that are relevant to you and your interests.

Your data will always be anonymous - we will not give your name, address, or contact details out to anyone, unless you have allowed us to do so.

This change will take effect from Friday 18th August. For more information on the types of data used for this purpose, see our Cookie Policy (please note that we’ve updated this too). If you’d like to change your marketing preferences, you can do so here.

Thank you for shopping at Morrisons,
    Your Morrisons Team
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    If you clear your cookies regularly this will have a zero effect.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

I'm not a more card holder as I don't like the idea of them exploiting my retail transactions to try to target me.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    I'm not a more card holder as I don't like the idea of them exploiting my retail transactions to try to target me.

Me, I'm the opposite - I love it when because I have a 'More' card they invite me to spend £40.00 and receive 5,000 (£5.00).

But then I remember being behind someone in Sainsburys recently spent about £85.00 - no nectar, I thought how silly, I spent just over £40.00 and used my £6.00 off Nectar coupon.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

The actual adverts that you see will not change in size or amount, they will just use the information to show you adverts that they think are more relevant to you.

This only works if you use the same computer and browser and don't clear your cookies when you visit other sites.
  • Big Brother at home!
  • Morrisons head office have responded to say that if you opt out of marketing communications then your data will not be shared. This wasn't clear from their communications but at least I can now stop them sharing my data whilst still retaining the advantages of having a More Card.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I wont be worrying over this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts