Heating Incentive - Seen on FaceBook

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new boiler and my partner has just shown me a facebook post/page which shows MSE as the icon but the link goes to heating incentive . com.

I'm dubious so could someone please clarify if there is government funding to replace your new boiler or whether this is as dodgy as it first appears.

Thanks

Comments

• Monkeydave
    Monkeydave Posts: 17
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think I've confirmed is validity with a bit more digging.

Nothing to do with Martin, not government funded, 10 year credit agreement.

Scum bags, but hopefully this post will make it easier to search and find the answer.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Monkeydave wrote: »
    ...a facebook post/page which shows MSE as the icon ..
    Monkeydave wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Martin, ...

I suggest you let MSE Martin know.
    He doesn't read these boards much, you can catch him on twitter
    6.3 The trade marks 'MoneySavingExpert', 'Money Saving Expert', 'MSE', 'MoneySavingExpert.com', 'MoneySavingExpert.com Cheap Energy Club' and 'MoneySavingExpert.com Credit Club' among others, are owned by either MoneySavingExpert.com Limited or MoneySupermarket.com Group PLC. ...No permission is given to use of any of these brands or marks and any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.

If unauthorised, he is usually quick to get his lawyers onto it and get the offending matter removed.
  • Shame! It happens quite a bit... https://twitter.com/MoneySavingExp/status/888002850982416384

OP, I'm in the market for a new boiler too. Please let me know if you find a good deal changing from water cylinder to combi.
  • SummerFun
    SummerFun Posts: 103 Forumite

Classic! :j

A fake BBC news site, that doesn't even work now.
    (possibly overloaded now that MSE has promoted it)
    It appears the report actually stems from 24 January, but presumably someone has only recently told MSE about it, hence todays tweet by them

You can tell Summer is here, can't you :)
  • Hi,
    I have stupidly contacted this site and have someone coming to my house. I have since read this thread, does anyone have any contact details for this company, so I can cancel the appointmen?

Thanks
  • SummerFun
    SummerFun Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2017 at 9:46AM
    Number687 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have stupidly contacted this site and have someone coming to my house. I have since read this thread, does anyone have any contact details for this company, so I can cancel the appointmen?

Thanks
    No, sorry I don't
    Can't you poke them on facebook or summut?
    How did you contact them and/or them you to arrange the appointment in the first place??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Alternatively, if the guy doesn't turn up with your free boiler under his arm, don't let him in.

Or if you have to go out when he calls, so be it....
  • looking for a heating incentive, any latest links please post
  • Hi, did you manage to contact this company and cancel your appointment. I too have made an appointment which I wish to cancel after seeing Martin's FB video and his reply to me. I cannot contact them on the number they contacted me on and their website gives no contact details....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    its unlikely government funded. Marketing companies say that about everything now. Its usually a loan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure