Tekken 7 gameplay?

Basically i picked up Street Fighter 5 a while ago being a huge fan of the series and was incredibly disappointed in it. I found it was just too geared towards online play. Love the traditional arcade mode you get usually which you got in SF4 but it wasn't there in 5.

Just wondering how Tekken 7 stacks up? I think Tekken 6 is the only one i've not played. Is it heavily weighted towards online play or if i don't have an online account is there arcade mode to keep me entertained?

Comments

• Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You'll find that this genre generally is geared towards online play nowadays. However, from what I hear Tekken 7 has retained a decent arcade mode, and also a mode that lets you build up the rank of your individual character (which has been in the series since about Tekken 5). So I would have thought there's plenty there in single player if online isn't your thing.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    tekken 7 reduced 34.99 ps store

temted...
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Madbags
    Madbags Posts: 222 Forumite
    I've got it on PC and the gameplay itself is flawless. It's what you'd expect from a Tekken game. There are lots of customisation options for each fighter.

The only downside I found was with the online tournament mode. It's quite hit and miss as to whether you ever get to finish a tournament due to what can only be connection issues with the hosts or players disconnecting. The online versus mode however, works perfectly fine.

Definitely worth a purchase if you're into the Tekken series or fighting games in general. I wasn't disappointed.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    edited 17 August 2017 at 7:38PM
    Madbags wrote: »
    I've got it on PC and the gameplay itself is flawless. It's what you'd expect from a Tekken game. There are lots of customisation options for each fighter.

The only downside I found was with the online tournament mode. It's quite hit and miss as to whether you ever get to finish a tournament due to what can only be connection issues with the hosts or players disconnecting. The online versus mode however, works perfectly fine.

Definitely worth a purchase if you're into the Tekken series or fighting games in general. I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks

I’ve said before though maybe I’ll invest in PS4 tekken 7 this weekend

Lots of excellent reviews via Argos....think a drive to collect tekken 7 fri or sat
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Argos vist this morning.

Thanks MSER’s Tekken 7 is fantastic.

Only 28% into story mode.

Been playing online tournaments online for hours.

Lots of online tournaments to take part in -very few slow or dropped connections.

2nd Tekken game since Tekken ps 1.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Tekken 7 in afternoon isn’t the same as Fri evening at all.

Got slaughtered online today.
  • Kuznec
    Kuznec Posts: 10 Forumite
    Developers make a big mistake when they make games like Tekken oriented to online. It's better to play with friends and beer than any championships with slow internet.
  • CBaker
    CBaker Posts: 38 Forumite
    Tekken 7's dedication to the details helps push it into the position of my favourite fighting game of 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure