Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    There are posts about similar circumstances, somewhere on here,with the argument pivoting on the fact that the broadband has not had a price rise and can be supplied as a separate service by PlusNet (as opposed to Sky who only do line alone or line and broadband).

I don't recall what the final ruling was.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    phillw wrote: »
    I switched early to BT from plusnet on the 1st june, because of the price rises. I had paid line rental up front and had broadband free for a year. Today they took a 3.50 DD for broadband from the 15th June to 14th July (broadband without a phone is 13.49, free broadband discount is 9.99) despite them no longer supplying broadband.

I spent 16 minutes on the phone to customer services (the majority of the time on hold) and they assure me they will resolve the issue immediately.
    Have they ageed to refund the remaining line rental saver as well? :beer:

Scrounger
  • boldminer
    boldminer Posts: 30 Forumite
    Plus net do not offer a line and calls facility only, the deal must include accepting their broadband package.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    boldminer wrote: »
    Plus net do not offer a line and calls facility only, the deal must include accepting their broadband package.

The website has a section for phone only, with a quoted price.

However, if you are referring to my post, above , I mention standalone broadband ,not phone.
  • EXSUDBURY
    EXSUDBURY Posts: 19 Forumite
    I wouldn't use Plusnet again. Contacting them by phone the first time required a 30 minute wait! LiveChat might be a little quicker but not by much though the advantage is you can obtain a copy of the conversation. I get fed up with waiting in line for a long time and feel conned by the adverts. Despite the problems some people experienced with TalkTalk I would be very happy to move back if it didn't cost me too much to leave Plusnet.
  • nosnehm
    nosnehm Posts: 22 Forumite
    For some benign reason we keep hearing that Plusnet have fantastic customer service reviews- yes the agents are very attentative when you can speak to one but the absurd waiting time on there customer service line is totally unacceptable and then to be repeatedly told they are addressing it but it takes time to train new staff is wearing thin after at least 2-3 years according to my personal experience. This week I spent 49 mins and 27 mins waiting for an agent to deal with my broadband speed issue which allegedly was due to parameters being inadvertently re-set. The speed did improve and lasted for about 4 days but dropped again today ot 0.9mbps upload which was again put down to a wrong re-set. When I explained that all I wanted was to receive the service which I am paying for, the agent waxed lyrical regarding Fibre and how he always advised customers to switch for better service. My anticipated service level is 12-15mbps which is all I require.
    Plusnet hardly merit One Star let alone 5.
  • We were contacted in May by Plusnet Marketing advising they could reduce our Monthly payments by £3 ..... the 'catch' was it would be a new 12 month contract (Our original contract was about 4/5 months old). I said no. They then said they could do £4. I said no. They THEN said they could do £5 PLUS £50 Cashback which would be paid WITHIN 60 days. I said yes. Still waiting for the Cashback despite having contacted Plusnet 3 times using their 'Chat' facility. Next stop is CISAS.
    Question remains, how many other Plusnet customers were promised £50 Cashback within 60 days and haven't received it as it was forgotten about. Seems to be standard practice of some companies to promise Cashback payments "within 60 days" in the hope that customers forget about it!!
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm just in the process of leaving Plusnet due to generally poor speeds, dropouts, etc. I waited for 49 minutes to speak to their technical support last week as my broadband was really slow and a reboot of the router caused it to completely stop. The staff member was pretty good at getting it sorted but the wait time was ridiculous. Today I've been advised by my new provider that Plusnet are refusing to release my landline number so I must be issued with a new one. Not really a problem as I don't use it for calls but annoying all the same.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Lots of negative reviews here. Has anyone got anything positive to say about Plusnet ? AT the end of my Bt fibre contract and contemplating plusnet as it's cheaper. Now I'm trying honking I should stick with BT as I've generally had no issues and they ly make you sign up for 12 months
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've been a PlusNet customer for 14 years and over that time have never had an issue with them. They have always treated me fairly and each time my contract has come up for renewal we have managed to negotiate something that is competitive.

The biggest downside IMHO is the telephone wait time, although as someone has said you can use live chat to get through quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure