Friends debt

My friend has gotten herself in an awful mess, and on reading the various forums on here it seems a DRO is her best option.

She was declared BR in September 2008 and discharged in February 2009 and had started getting some nice green ticks on her credit report, but now things have gone a bit haywire.

Already up to her neck in it with Brighthouse she then took out a £500 loan 5 weeks ago with Provident:eek: is already 3 weeks behind with the payments and now realises that she is in an awful position of not bieng able to pay her debts etc.

Her utilities elec gas water are all up to date but her Bhouse Provident is about to be defaulted on as she cannot pay them this week.

Hopefully Bhouse will take the goods back but she will have to pay the balance, and maybe Provident might listen as she has BiPolar and should not have signed there agreement but the spending lust got the better of her.

She is also about to enter into a repayment plan to pay over £2.5k of debt to her council Landlord who have been surprisingly excellent with all of this.

Can she be considered for a DRO as she was previously BR in 2008? this would give her the fresh start she needs and knows this is the last fresh start.....

Local CAB are inundated with DRO requests and getting an appointment in the next month is impossible at the moment there so overworked etc

Do you know of any other place like CAB that could kickstart her DRO application for her...she has her fee money ready just needs guiding through it by one of the DRO intermederies..

Any help advice much appreciated

Tammy
Now fingers crossed there's a big black and white cat with massive whiskers out there looking for a forever home with a batty dumpy lady :A yep there is, found him Domino big fat huge whiskered purring machine that's taken over my house life and heart,life's good, as I pander to the whims of my new lodger..:rotfl::rotfl::D:D:p

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport