IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Sip/Gladstone judgement for claimant

Hi I'm looking for some help on an issue I have with sip/Gladstones.

I am a couple of days out of adding a defence on money service due to private parking appeals not getting back to me and I was stupidly assuming they were working behind the scenes on the case. Even after paying and sending in the paperwork they required.

It is a complicated case as the owner of the car has learning disabilities and can not tell who was driving. They have now received a judgment for claimant letter.

Is it worth writing to court manager to explain? I really wanted a court date to defend the case. Is this not possible?

Any help greatfully received

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Has any kind of defence been entered? I'm guessing not.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is it worth writing to court manager to explain? I really wanted a court date to defend the case. Is this not possible?
    You can try, but it will cost £255 to try to achieve a set aside.

Read the following on set asides etc:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CCJ+set+aside&cad=h

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/county-court-judgement-against-you.html

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-default-court-judgment.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • No! I'm fuming with parking appeals!
  • Thanks for the reply.

The amount is £265 so there really is no point in doing that.

What happens after judgement has been made will they still chase for the money through bailiffs?
  • waamo
    As above you might be able to get a set aside. I don't rate your chances highly though. The fact the defendant has learning difficulties may help though.

Is there a charity that could help? It might be worth seeing a solicitor. Some do a free half hour session.

If the defendant is on benefits then you may be able to get set aside fees waived.
  • As above you might be able to get a set aside. I don't rate your chances highly though. The fact the defendant has learning difficulties may help though.

Is there a charity that could help? It might be worth seeing a solicitor. Some do a free half hour session.

If the defendant is on benefits then

Yes they are on full benefits. I'll try and go down that route.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    murphys65 wrote: »
    No! I'm fuming with parking appeals!

sip parking is IPC , privste parking appeals will not or do not handle IPC company appeals , this info is clearly stated when you apply
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita

• This was never mentioned! even after the paperwork was given to them. Their response sounded like they were dealing with it!
  • waamo
    It's a long shot but frankly you might as well clutch at straws.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    murphys65 wrote: »
    This was never mentioned! even after the paperwork was given to them. Their response sounded like they were dealing with it!

umm its clearly shown on there website ,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills