IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ECP Appeal Rejected after following MSE Advice

Comments

• Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes and showing ISPA the inconsistencies in the other decisions, especially the one from the same week, same car park, same contract.

I don't expect ISPA to do anything as they are winding down but they are still there this month so add to the complaints files.

Will do - will post planned complaint to the ISPA for review here tomorrow night.... Ill tackle DVLA, Warrington Borough Council etc another night; It looks like theres loads of info on the stickies for DPA complaints etc that I can use ...
  • Comments please if poss !

Dear ISPA

I am writing to you to complain about my recent experiences with POPLA and to report some serious procedural errors and inconsistences with decisions that POPLA adjudicators have made within the last 12 months regarding Church Farm Car Park, Stockton Heath, Warrington which is ran by Euro Car Parks, specifically on landowner authority – same contract, same car park – in fact, one of my pieces of evidence around inconsistencies was regarding a rebuttal to ECP evidence which was submitted on the same day as I submitted and yet was allowed on Landowner authority – yet my appeal – on Landowner authority was rejected.

Its is clear that POPLA have performed poorly in this case and have not been effective in considering ALL points that I raised and have been biased only to those raised by the car park operator, Euro Car Parks.

The POPLA assessor has made a fundamental procedural error in not allowing my appeal on landowner authority when it is easily demonstrated that Euro Car Parks have no standing authority to form contracts with drivers in this particular car park.

I have enclosed the relevant artefacts appertaining to this case as follows:

1. Original complaint to ECP
    2. Original complaint to POPLA
    3. ECP Evidence Pack
    4. Rebuttal to ECP Evidence Pack
    5. POPLA Decision
    6. Complaint to Mr Gallagher, Lead Adjudicator - POPLA

This can be referenced, as per my research of successful POPLA appeals in the public domain during the last year (POPLA references 2410986482, 2410337543 and 2413376910)

Additionally, having researched information in the public domain regarding planning permission sought by Euro Car Parks in 2011 with Warrington Council, it is clear that Euro Car Parks do not have any landowner authority to form contracts with drivers at Church Farm, Stockton Heath nor to pursue charges. I quote from Euro Car Parks’ original planning application:

The site is the car park for Church Farm Retail Park which has a number of retail shops and
    restaurants around the car park. The site is managed by Burley Development Group. The
    ANPR will be used to monitor any entry and exit to the site. This information will be used to
    see the flow of traffic within the car park and allow retailers to identify busy shopping periods.
    It will also be used as a security measure to monitor vehicle registrations.”

Notwithstanding the legal issues here surrounding landowner authority, I wish to also complain about POPLA’s ignorance of other inaccuracies in the evidence pack that was provided by ECP.

The evidence pack that was provided was clearly a cut and shut, cut and paste job that was fraught with incaccuracies; the POPLA assessor did not consider this point at all in his case review and it is clear due to the poor pack that was provided by ECP that this was a template that has been generically applied and has been cut and pasted from other evidence packs.

There are also inaccuracies in the parking hours/terms and conditions of parking – again which the POPLA assessor chose to ignore. Namely ECP state in their evidence pack that terms and conditions of parking are maximum 2 hours from 0600 – 2159, yet further on in the document refers to the parking conditions are 1.5 hours. More inaccuracies that cannot be relied upon – which is correct ?!

ECP also states that an official appeal representation was received by xxxx (Appellant) on 13 November 2016 – bizarrely, this is 10 days before the alleged parking offence was committed on 23 November 2016!

Additionally, as well as writing to complain to Mr Gallagher, Lead Adjudicator at POPLA, I have now also complained to the DVLA as Euro Car Parks have no landowner or legal authority to pursue charges at this car park and a Breach of the Data Protection Act has occurred which I have complained to the DVLA for breach of Kadoe Contract.

I have also complained to the Landowner, Burley Developments, that Euro Car Parks have no standing to issue or pursue charges at this car park and I have also reported Euro Car Parks to Warrington Borough Council as Euro Car Parks are in breach of planning permission.

I look forward to hearing your considered response, bearing in mind the overwhelming evidence that I have provided that my Appeal to POPLA should have been upheld.
  • Comments please if poss !

Dear ISPA

I am writing to you to complain about my recent experiences with POPLA and to report xsomex a number of serious procedural errors and inconsistences xwithx in a number of decisions that POPLA adjudicators have made within the last 12 months regarding Church Farm Car Park, Stockton Heath, Warrington. The car park is run xwhich is ranx by Euro Car Parks, specifically on landowner authority – all of the appeals considered in the last 12 months therefore concern the same contract, and the same car park. [start a new sentence here as it's getting confusing]iIn fact, one of my pieces of evidence xaroundx concerning inconsistencies was regarding a rebuttal to ECP evidence xwhich wasx submitted by another appellant on the same day as xIx my appeal was submitted - that appeal xand yetx was allowed on Landowner authority xx. Yyet my appeal – relying on the same issue of Landowner authority - was rejected.

[if you are able to specify the other appeals which were successful on landowner authority, including the one you mention above, give the details so it is easy for Popla to look at them when considering your complaint - you mention these below, I think it is better to include them up here]

Its is clear that POPLA have performed poorly in this case and have not been effective in considering ALL points that I raised and have been biased only to those raised by the car park operator, Euro Car Parks. The issue of landowner authority has been applied in an entirely inconsistent manner by POPLA - in some cases you have accepted that there is no such authority, in other cases you have rejected the same argument.

The POPLA assessor has made a fundamental procedural error in not allowing my appeal on landowner authority when it is easily demonstrated that Euro Car Parks have no standing authority to form contracts with drivers in this particular car park (a matter which POPLA has accepted in many other appeals concerning the same car park, the same landowner, the same parking company and the same alleged contract).

I have enclosed the relevant xartefactsx documents appertaining to this case as follows:

3. ECP Evidence Pack
    5. POPLA Decision

This can be referenced, as per my research of successful POPLA appeals in the public domain during the last year (POPLA references 2410986482, 2410337543 and 2413376910)

Additionally, having researched information in the public domain regarding planning permission sought by Euro Car Parks in 2011 with Warrington Council, it is clear that Euro Car Parks do not have any landowner authority to form contracts with drivers at Church Farm, Stockton Heath nor to pursue charges. I quote from Euro Car Parks’ original planning application:

The site is the car park for Church Farm Retail Park which has a number of retail shops and
    restaurants around the car park. The site is managed by Burley Development Group. The
    ANPR will be used to monitor any entry and exit to the site. This information will be used to
    see the flow of traffic within the car park and allow retailers to identify busy shopping periods.
    It will also be used as a security measure to monitor vehicle registrations.”

It is clear, therefore, that planning consent was applied for (and therefore granted) only in relation to monitoring vehicles in order to ease the flow of traffic and to identify busy periods, and for security - it was not applied for so that cars could be ticketed and drivers penalised.

Notwithstanding the legal issues here surrounding landowner authority, I wish to also complain about POPLA’s ignorance of other inaccuracies in the evidence pack that was provided by ECP.

The evidence pack that was provided was clearly a cut and shut, cut and paste job that was fraught with incaccuracies; the POPLA assessor did not consider this point at all in his case review and it is clear due to the poor pack that was provided by ECP that this was a template that has been generically applied and has been cut and pasted from other evidence packs.

There are also inaccuracies in the parking hours/terms and conditions of parking – again which the POPLA assessor chose to ignore for no justifiable reason. Namely ECP state in their evidence pack that terms and conditions of parking are maximum 2 hours from 0600 – 2159, yet further on in the document refers to the parking conditions are 1.5 hours. More inaccuracies that cannot be relied upon – which is correct ?!

ECP also states that an official appeal representation was received by xxxx (Appellant) on 13 November 2016 – bizarrely, this is 10 days before the alleged parking offence was committed on 23 November 2016!

Additionally, as well as writing to complain to Mr Gallagher, Lead Adjudicator at POPLA, I have now also complained to the DVLA as Euro Car Parks have no landowner or legal authority to pursue charges at this car park and a Breach of the Data Protection Act has occurred which I have complained to the DVLA for breach of Kadoe Contract.

I have also complained to the Landowner, Burley Developments, that Euro Car Parks have no standing to issue or pursue charges at this car park and I have also reported Euro Car Parks to Warrington Borough Council as Euro Car Parks are in breach of planning permission.

I look forward to hearing your considered response, bearing in mind the overwhelming evidence that I have provided that my Appeal to POPLA should have been upheld.

I've suggested a few changes, hope they help
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • PS a fellow forum user showed me how to strikeout wording in a quoted post, but I was in a hurry so haven't done that, but I've put x's around words I think should be deleted.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • PS a fellow forum user showed me how to strikeout wording in a quoted post, but I was in a hurry so haven't done that, but I've put x's around words I think should be deleted.

Amazing @loadsofchildren !! Thanks so much for your advice on this !! I will update it and post it here for reference and final checking, in case I have made any glaringly obvious mistakes !
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    [ s ][ /s ] tags (without the spaces). :)
  • Amazing @loadsofchildren !! Thanks so much for your advice on this !! I will update it and post it here for reference and final checking, in case I have made any glaringly obvious mistakes !

Dear Regulars (eg Coupon-mad, loadsofchildren, fruitcake, redX etc) please now see 2nd ISPA attempt after taking advice from @loadsofchildren123:

[FONT=&quot]I am writing to you to complain about my recent experiences with POPLA and to report a number of serious procedural errors and inconsistences in a number of decisions that POPLA adjudicators have made within the last 12 months regarding Church Farm Car Park, Stockton Heath, Warrington, specifically on landowner authority. The car park is run by Euro Car Parks,– all of the appeals considered in the last 12 months therefore concern the same contract, and the same car park.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In fact, one of my pieces of evidence concerning inconsistencies was regarding a rebuttal to ECP evidence submitted by another appellant on the same day as my appeal was submitted - that appeal was allowed on Landowner authority. Yet my appeal – relying on the same issue of Landowner authority - was rejected.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This can be referenced, as per my research of successful POPLA appeals in the public domain during the last year (POPLA references 2410986482, 2410337543 and 2413376910). These three appeals were all successful on landowner authority.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is clear that POPLA have performed poorly in this case and have not been effective in considering ALL points that I raised and have been biased only to those raised by the car park operator, Euro Car Parks. The issue of landowner authority has been applied in an entirely inconsistent manner by POPLA - in some cases you have accepted that there is no such authority, in other cases you have rejected the same argument.

The POPLA assessor has made a fundamental procedural error in not allowing my appeal on landowner authority when it is easily demonstrated that Euro Car Parks have no standing authority to form contracts with drivers in this particular car park (a matter which POPLA has accepted in many other appeals concerning the same car park, the same landowner, the same parking company and the same alleged contract).
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have enclosed the relevant documents appertaining to this case as follows:

3. ECP Evidence Pack
    5. POPLA Decision
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Additionally, having researched information in the public domain regarding planning permission sought by Euro Car Parks in 2011 with Warrington Council, it is clear that Euro Car Parks do not have any landowner authority to form contracts with drivers at Church Farm, Stockton Heath nor to pursue charges. I quote from Euro Car Parks’ original planning application:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

The site is the car park for Church Farm Retail Park which has a number of retail shops and restaurants around the car park. The site is managed by Burley Development Group. The ANPR will be used to monitor any entry and exit to the site. This information will be used to see the flow of traffic within the car park and allow retailers to identify busy shopping periods.It will also be used as a security measure to monitor vehicle registrations.”

It is clear, therefore, that planning consent was applied for (and therefore granted) only in relation to monitoring vehicles in order to ease the flow of traffic and to identify busy periods, and for security - it was not applied for so that cars could be ticketed and drivers penalised.

There are also inaccuracies in the parking hours/terms and conditions of parking – again which the POPLA assessor chose to ignore for no justifiable reason.
    Namely, ECP state in their evidence pack that terms and conditions of parking are maximum 2 hours from 0600 – 2159, yet further on in the document refers to the parking conditions are 1.5 hours. More inaccuracies that cannot be relied upon – which is correct ?!ECP also states that an official appeal representation was received by xxxx (Appellant) on 13 November 2016 – bizarrely, this is 10 days before the alleged parking offence was committed on 23 November 2016!

Additionally, as well as writing to complain to Mr Gallagher, Lead Adjudicator at POPLA, I have now also complained to the DVLA as Euro Car Parks have no landowner or legal authority to pursue charges at this car park and a Breach of the Data Protection Act has occurred which I have complained to the ICO and DVLA for breach of KADOE Contract.

I have also complained to the Landowner, Burley Developments, that Euro Car Parks have no standing to issue or pursue charges at this car park and I have also reported Euro Car Parks to Warrington Borough Council as Euro Car Parks are in breach of their terms of planning permission.

[/FONT]

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes get it sent seeing as ISPA are clearing their desks as we speak!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I sent it this morning @Coupon-Mad - looks like I might have missed the boat... this is the response I got back .... Ive written back asking does that mean that they wont hear any more complaints ....

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your communication. I regret to advise you that due to the withdrawal of our funding ISPA is in the process of closing down. Further information is given at http://www.ispa.co.uk/news/article/29/ispa-closure [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Douglas Campbell [/FONT][FONT=&quot]OBE FCA CertMgmt(Open)

[/FONT]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Never mind, it was just another one for the pile. They can't overturn decisions. Keep the pressure on POPLA when you get that 'whilst we understand your disappointment' reply from the 'POPLA Team' who reckon their Assessor did no wrong.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure