IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Capital 2 Coast FCN ticket

Options

Comments

• tracywimbledon
    Options
    OK, that sounds positive I guess, but what should I do next ? As i said, I can't involve solicitors, I have no legal experience myself and am worried about what may happen now ! The sum they're after (at the moment) is £160 .... would they really go to court for that much ? Are they bluffing ? What should I respond to them with ?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One Parking Ltd (Trading as Capital 2 Coast Parking Management)

13/08/2014
    www.capital2coast.co.uk
    This Operator's AOS membership was inactive between 7th January 2015 and 17th July 2015.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Those dates (7th Jan 2015 to 17 July 2015) are before I got the ticket though.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    do you want to fight the ticket , or are you just going to pay up , NO SOLISITORS at a county court ,

please , pay up or start doing some reading

when you have read the suggested links , THEN return and ask any questions to fine tune your replies

we are NOT going to write them out for you

sorry , but it seems the most google searched words in the UK are MIL and BW , try using this wonderful facility
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Yes - thanks - thats what I'm trying to do, I just can't see anything relevant to what I need. I am willing to fight it and of course not expecting you to write it out for me. But at the moment I cannot find anything of any relevance and so have got no idea on where to start / what I should say to them. Whats "BW" ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2016 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Thanks - which part / line do I need to look at ? Can I do this myself ?
    Yes you can, with our help. AFAIK we've never seen a MIL case lost that got a defence from here.

Most are discontinued. It really is not that difficult to see MIL off, funnily enough, even though you have identified the driver to the parking firm in an appeal, do not mention who was driving in your responses to MIL (they will have pretty much NO paperwork and are just aggressive people hoping scared victims pay up).
    ok - thank you, so what should I do ? Will they take this to court, as they have threatened ? (There is a statement in bold on their letter, saying "DO NOT UNDER-ESTIMATE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS LETTER") . I don't want to involve solicitors which would be costly, but I can't defend myself in court ..... do I need to write back to MIL ? What should I say ?
    Have a look at these thread from yesterday which is exactly like your situation and would be at the top of any search you'd done for 'MIL':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542413

Search the forum for MIL and read other threads to see what will likely pan out. There is one on page one now where the OP has happily taken advice to build a decent MIL defence (cueball is the poster) but a search will find you dozens more. No-one on here with a MIL claim (or LBCCC which is where you are at) is likely to have to attend court as MIL rarely take it to a hearing.

Read posts by HO87, the resident expert poster on MIL here. MIL are not the parking firm but ARE likely to try a small claim (see cueball's draft defence for pointers as to the legal arguments - you DO NOT need a solicitor nor help from anyone except openly, on this thread, including HO87 if he rocks up).

Oh, and on this forum and/or on pepipoo do not reply to any private message from a poster with less than 1000 posts to their name here. We deal with these issues openly on the forum and any pm could be from anyone at all (even MIL!) and any private message about this is not recommended to be replied to/read unless it's from HO87 (if it is definitely him).

You can do this with our help. Also complain to your MP and Mrs May and that guy Corbyn as well:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

Please do take time to make those complaints once you've read a few threads and can see the wood for the trees.

P.S. Don't worry about 'BW' that's just a legal firm who harass people too. Unconnected to your MIL case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Same situation here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542655

Why not send a pm to sarahsexton, click on her username and compare notes, help each other.

HTH
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Thanks Pappa Golf and Coupon Mad. Will sending either of the below help me ? Or should I be trying a different tact ?

1. (Quote)

Re: (MIL's reference)

In relation to the above please provide answers to the following.

1. Confirm that you have in your possession the original deed of assignment duly executed containing details of alleged debt .

2. Confirm that it is available for inspection and where this might be conveniently conducted .

3. Confirm that you are able to provide certified copies of it and original will be produced in court.

4. Confirm the full name and address for service of the director (s) or company officer (s) of the purported assignor responsible for assigning the debt to yourselves .

5. Confirm that you have all the documentation produced by the assignor in the support of the alleged existence of a debt and their compliance with the relevant legislation and that you are able to supply certified copies of it .

THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR COPIES OF DOCUMENTATION.

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF SERVICE . Further i require that the information be provided in the form of a statement of truth duly signed by an authorised signatory.

(unquote)

2. (Quote)

Re: (MIL's reference)

I refer to the above, which I refute, based on the following;-

a). The sum sought does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of your costs as you do not own the land.

b). The signage on site is/was deficient and failed to comply with the British Parking Association's Code of Practice, Annexe B.

c). In the absence of any evidence it is my case that you lack any or sufficient proprietary interest in the land and, further, have no interest or authority to manage the vehicle parking at the site in question.

d). At the time of the FCN being issued I was the holder of a legitimate permit allowing me to park my vehicle in the parking bay concerned.

(Unquote)

PS: I also noticed that their original letter does NOT appear to come from a solicitor and is not even signed !
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It's not an FCN...

Maybe wait for HO87 to comment later this week, before rushing to reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure