PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

slow cooker pork chop recipes please

Options
hello i have just got myself a slowcooker, i have some pork chops in the fridge, and some veg, i was going to cook them the conventional way, when i got home at 7pm, i start work at 1pm today. is there a sc way to cook them maybe with the potatoes? any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi suzy,

Welcome to mse :hello:

If you look at the top of the Old Style board there is a complete slow cooker index, on it you can find lots of ideas for cooking pork in the slow cooker.

Pink
  • smokey112
    Options
    Hi Susie

I made this a couple of weeks ago with Pork chops in slow cooker

diced potatoes
    tin tomatoes
    peppers diced
    mushrooms
    onions
    courgettes (in fact just veg lying in bottom of fridge
    half cup of stock with tsp of thai paste
    Pork chops

left in SC on low all day

when I came I blended all the juices and veg together this thickened it up a little them froze the gravy that I didn't use

HTH

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
  • suzy_g
    suzy_g Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks pink and smokey, do you think its a good idea to brown them first? im a coeliac no gluton. so i then to use bisto best gravy as it is glutton free. should i put the chops on top of the veg? sorry im not the best of cooks. i tended to use a lot of convenience foods. but now im on a gluton free diet. and becoming a ms member i i am going to cook more from scratch in the new sc suzy
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can alos cook them in apple juice or cider and make the gravy from it. Its lovely.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • suzy_g
    Options
    thanks everyone for the idea, heres what i have cooking , i made up a gravy using bisto best,and worcester sauce and a can of tomatoes and added chopped potatoes and carrots, i put this on a high setting, then i browned the chops and fried a couple of red onions in the same pan i fried the chops in, then i added some apple juice. i will put on some frozen peas later. i,ll let you know how this turns out later ...... suzy
  • windybottom_2
    Options
    hi suzy
    that meal sounds lovely
    yum yum.........wb
    GENTLEMEN......START YOUR ENGINES
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sounds good Suzy
    let us know how it turns out, I've got some pork chops in the freezer for later in the week icon7.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Suzy

Sorry for not replying earlier - busy at work today on course

You can brown them if you want - I didn't and I sat them on top of all the veg and poured the liquid over them.

Your recipe sounds great - lets know how you enjoyed them

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
  • suzy_g
    Options
    hi just finish eating the pork chops, they went down a storm, very nice, i will be using my slow cooker alot now
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 402 Forumite
    Options
    Going forward with my mission to start cooking from scratch, I have some pork from my freezer (I think its pork anyway, although could be chicken:rotfl: )

So does anyone have some nice but easy receipes for what I could do with it?

I do have a slow cooker so could use that too??

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport