PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chicken legs....inspiration needed....help!!!

got 4 chicken legs(greatly reduced) out of the freezer to make something yummy for me and dh for tea.
errrmmmmm what the heck do i do with them!! preferably i'd like a slow cooker recipie so i can do it at lunchtime and we can eat after putting the littlies to bed.
im sooooooo no good at just making things up and chucking them in...after only recently even learning to cook im still at the following recipie stage!!

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Easy peasy :)

Chilli and ginger chicken

That's from the Slow Cooker recipe index and I freely admit I'm biased. there are other chicken recipes in there that you could adapt too.

For those new to finding recipe collections in Old Style you can find them in my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Hi

I did this a few weeks ago and was just going to roast them in the oven :eek: but in end I bunged in the 2 chicken quarters with a tin of cream mushroom soup with extra water, chopped carrots, leek and potatoes. Was delish and dead easy to make. A meal in 1 pot, but could have extra spuds or rice or pasta on the side :D

Im sure it will be scrummy whatever you do.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • I casserole them, roast them, turn the into fried chicken with spicy coatings.

Anything you'd do with chicken fillets really!
  • ageandjo
    ageandjo Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    I have got the usual veg but fancy something different than usual roast any ideas anyone?? Don't fancy curry either!!
  • otterspasm
    otterspasm Posts: 338
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,
    I would brown them off in a frying pan with a little oil and then put them in my slow cooker (or just cook for ages on the hob or in the oven at low temp) with some onion, garlic, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes and some chilli powder (if you like it). You could also add a stock cube if you like or tomato puree. If cooked long and slow the meat gets lovely and tender. Yum! HTH. :D
    Tess x

Underground, overground, wombling free...
    Old Style weight loss so far...2 stone and 7 pounds
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Cook them, then strip the meat from them and make a stir fry, or a risotto, using whatever veg you have.

you could also coat them with breadcrumbs and make KFC.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    not sure how much meat is on legs but maybe chicken lasagne , or take the meat off the legs once cooked and mix in with some cooked pasta , bacon , mushrooms. ( anything u fancy ) then add grated cheese on top.

or maybe make cornantion chicken and serve with a jacket spud , chicken omelette , chicken , chips and beans. or a chicken pie served with mash and veg.

sorry can't think of much more.

HTH
  • RoCas
    RoCas Posts: 3,929
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You can make ... a chicken run ?!?
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Anything if your very clever, but personally I'd rather use my hands !!!
    Sorry, not very helpful, couldn't resist !! :D
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    i think black saturn put up a chicken recipe in her thread. i sure it was something along the lines of chicken in a white sauce. sorry don't know how to do a linky thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure