[URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    MABLE wrote: »
    Oh but you are wrong. I went into a branch in the South West only last week and inside the branch was a deposit machine whereby you had to deposit the money into an envelope. So Lloyds use both system I'm afraid.

That's a deposit machine in branch though.

The OP says they deposited cash into an ATM, even Lloyds seems to agree with Ben8282 on that one.
    Cashpoint® machines
    You can do far more than withdraw cash at our nationwide network of Cashpoint® machines.
    What you can do

Take out cash
    Check your balance
    Top up your mobile
    Print a mini-statement
    Manage your PIN

https://www.lloydsbank.com/banking-with-us/ways-to-bank.asp
    ====
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 9 July 2017 at 5:34AM
    Well it anyone should know its has to be Ben!!
    Yes you are quite right. I have been a Lloyds customer for long enough and have used their branches and ATM's often enough to know that their ATM's don't accept deposits with or without envelopes!
    Oh but you are wrong. I went into a branch in the South West only last week and inside the branch was a deposit machine whereby you had to deposit the money into an envelope. So Lloyds use both system I'm afraid.
    I would imagine what you actually saw were the credit point envelopes next to the credit point slot which just coincidentally happened to be situated next to an ATM as they often are. As the deposit point machines count the notes when you deposit them, putting the notes in an envelope would make this a bit difficult.
  • Ben8282
    pastrydino wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm going tomorrow!
    I would wait until Monday if I were you. The branch won't be open on Sunday.
  • Ben8282 wrote: »
    I would wait until Monday if I were you. The branch won't be open on Sunday.

'Tomorrow' was 'yesterday', when the comment was made 😀

Neither of which was Sunday.
  • Ben8282
    'Tomorrow' was 'yesterday', when the comment was made 😀

Neither of which was Sunday.

Oh yes so it was. Shame they never came back to say what happened.
  • Ben8282 wrote: »
    Oh yes so it was. Shame they never came back to say what happened.

I find a few threads on here where the OP asks for help or advice but never updates those that have taken the time to contribute!
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    I find a few threads on here where the OP asks for help or advice but never updates those that have taken the time to contribute!
    Maybe such posters should be sanctioned. Thanks cost nothing, and feedback helps us fine tune our answers.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    Maybe such posters should be sanctioned. Thanks cost nothing, and feedback helps us fine tune our answers.

How? Many of them have only posted once or twice, so 'sanctioning' is hardly going to affect them.

It's frustrating when people don't update, but hey, that's part of the way these internet forums work.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Geoff1963 wrote: »

The OP's last post was 11:29 PM on Friday saying they would be going to their bank on Saturday. It is now Sunday and people are moaning that they have not come back to update The Forum.

Give them a break as they are probably far more concerned about the money they may have lost. It would actually surprise me if the bank would have been able to answer on Saturday and they may have to wait until next week.
  • omega27
    omega27 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Yes you are quite right. I have been a Lloyds customer for long enough and have used their branches and ATM's often enough to know that their ATM's don't accept deposits with or without envelopes!

There's two ATMs in the entrance to my local branch, and at least one definitely takes deposits. Spits an envelope out from a then slot, and lets you fill it with notes/cheques then insert in another slot next to where the notes are dispensed. Is frequently out of envelopes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure