Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    Has anyone done battlefield Vegas? Other half is desperate to go but shootings not my thing. Would it be boring for a partner who's just watching or possibly just firing one or 2 guns?

If you've got a car http://progunclub.com/ is cheaper than the city and much more fun. If you don't want to join the OH there is a nice bar/diner in the clubhouse
    DSCN0154.jpg
    DSCN0155.jpg
    DSCN0160.jpg
    DSCN0159.jpg
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    more bad news

Boyds young at heart which we have used many times to get half price buffets at Boyd properties (anyone over 50 could on certain days).

its changing from 1st March so that it is only available to locals

another reason to make this years trip the last!
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    more bad news

Boyds young at heart which we have used many times to get half price buffets at Boyd properties (anyone over 50 could on certain days).

its changing from 1st March so that it is only available to locals

another reason to make this years trip the last!
    I mourn the multipliers and the 2 for 1 buffets. Also sad about the senior movie tickets.

On the other hand, good news is that Stations are starting their own version of MyVEGAS beginning Q2. Should be in action soon.
  • lizzielie
    lizzielie Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems Boyds listen to the feedback, good on them!

According to Vegas Bright:

"UPDATE! Apparently writing letters does work! Multiple sources are saying that Boyd has decided to return to the original rules.

Their websites may not be updated yet."

https://www.vegasbright.com/2017/03/06/boyds-young-at-heart-promotion-has-heartbreaking-new-rules/
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    lizzielie wrote: »
    It seems Boyds listen to the feedback, good on them!

According to Vegas Bright:

"UPDATE! Apparently writing letters does work! Multiple sources are saying that Boyd has decided to return to the original rules.

Their websites may not be updated yet."

https://www.vegasbright.com/2017/03/06/boyds-young-at-heart-promotion-has-heartbreaking-new-rules/

Hope thats right
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only 3 weeks until I find out. Fingers crossed.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stoneman:

That range similar to the ranges in the city ?
    IE: I can cough up a few hundred, pick say 1 pistol, 1 rifle, and good level of ammo, and then blast away at my targets ?
    Do like the idea of being outdoor, would be nice to have a change from using the GunStore....

Many miles from the strip to get to ?
    and do u have to be a Member ?
  • bairn7
    bairn7 Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Ive asked this elsewhere but have not had a response. Having travelled to Vegas and the Southwest every year for 10 years I have had many one way hires. Previously there was no one way fee between CA/NV/AZ but this appears to have changed? (certainly for the dates I'm looking at - Aug 1 to Aug 11, PHX to SFO). All companies have a $300 one way charge except National which is a $450 charge!

I usually go through USrentacar which currently does not show one way fees. I'm sure this is incorrect but having checked another TP website (the name of which escapes me just now as I did it at home but not one I had ever heard of) it comes up with the same no one way charge.

Has anyone found any good sites for car hire and any way of getting around this one way charge?

If not, I would normally go with National as I am an Emerald Club member but do not want to pay their $450 charge. Are there any other companies which allow you to skip the counter and go straight to pickup?

Thanks!
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a 1 way from LAX to LAS, and vice versa on my upcoming trip, but there is no fee, as like you said, the 3 states are all good....

Although, I just did a quote messing about, for 1 week rental from 1st August, from SFO, to SFO = £269 for FCAR with Dollar..
    Then changed to Sky Harbour to SFO = Rate exactly the same....

Done same for Alamo, got quote to be £253, that's SFO- SFO, or PHX-PHX , or PHX -- SFO, or vice versa, indicating 1-way fee is included.....
    Not sure where your seeing these high fee's, unless your looking on US sites ?

Also, I have never been to a counter, only the garage..
    I use Hertz, Dollar & Alamo..... Kiosk or garage :)
  • bairn7
    bairn7 Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks StuieUK! Yes it is all of the US sites that I've been trying. I wouldn't imagine that there would be no one way fees from the UK sites but I'll give it a go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure