Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome home LEJC
  • So are the Jacob crackers working out at 11p
  • LEJC xx

1d3490f95335c5eb9fa795c15a5302c2.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning Tweets :wave: Hope all goes well with your mums scan. Taking my mum for a dexa scan today but just routine appointment, she's not had a fall luckily. Mums eh! Such a worry at times :eek:

Good Afternoon gocat :wave: Sorry I missed you this morning . Mum not had her scan there is a backlog with it being weekend so looks like its tomorrow now :(

Hope your mum is ok

LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all....

I'm still playing catch up on the thread and am somewhere over the weekend at the moment....but I have read enough to see that our lovely tweets has not had the best few days...so I am sending her a special virtual hug of the highest quality. xx

I missed all the fireworks on Saturday and indeed last night too.

I am waiting to be discharged at some point today so am looking forward to going home.
    ...but I have been incensed whilst watching tv this morning over what appears to be some suited government official asking people not to go to the doctors unless its urgent!!!!!

Until this weekend and the tail end of last week I personally have not been treated in hospital for 15 years,although our family have used it as inpatients on many occasions all gratefully received .....but potentially had I been given a doctors appointment at the beginning of last week and a consultation as I requested I may not have then needed to be an in patient and "bed blocked" I think the term was used by the same suited official.
    I understand that there are many people who do abuse the system and contact their GP for everything rather than at first contacting a pharmacist etc etc....but in my case I knew that what was developing within my lungs and breathing was a little more than the effects of a standard cold.....I'm not the type of person who runs to the doctors at the slightest ache...surely their computer history would have backed that up rather than me just being given a standard response of wait a few more weeks and continue with your inhaler as directed.(I got that twice from the GP surgery)...and I was only given a home visit on Thursday reluctantly following a very stern and concerned phonecall from my OH to the GP.
    I'm going home today with a bag of medication and know I'm not to over do things I also know I'm not better but improving.

So I guess I urge anyone who feels that they have more than a cold to see the GP whatever the official line is...your health is far more precious than any government statistic
    The GP receptionist was insistent I had a bad cold that would clear naturally...I've had bronco pneumonia from which I will now continue my recovery at home,

now off my soap box ....and as you have all gathered with a lot more spirit than I've had over the past few weeks..

Sarah ...welcome home after your lovely holiday...I have been to that bit of Mexico and we did all the zipwiring too a good few years back..if you had half the fun we did I know you have some wonderful memories.

...now onto more pressing questions that I have yet to read an answer for the QoC is now a ditzy D....I'm sure there's a story...but it might be hard for me to forget the queen!

Hope everyone is well as we face the new week....I cant wait to get home to watch the presidential elections and my own bed.

Thank you :)

I cant remember if I wished you well being in hospital sorry if I didn't I don't remember a lot of this last weekend :(

...and at last I am home.

very tired but feeling much better for seeing my own bed.

good to see a few glitches floating around....just sorry I wont be going out giving them a go.

Glad you are home you will be able to watch the American elections now ;)

rose (((X)))
  • Was your mum in good spirits, Tweets? x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2016 at 5:31PM
    tweets wrote: »

Thank you :)

I cant remember if I wished you well being in hospital sorry if I didn't I don't remember a lot of this last weekend :(

Glad you are home you will be able to watch the American elections now ;)

No apology needed Tweets...if I'm honest the last 10 days have been a blur for me too and it's only now that I am realising how ill I have been.
    I read your post over the weekend and sensed that both you and Poppy have struggled.Hopefully the fireworks are now dying down so Poppy can be more settled ...and I know that your mums fall would have put an additional strain on you...hence the virtual hug.

I may have also read that lovely mrs 3dogs might also have taken a tumble....please be safe and I hope that all is now ok also x

I'm settling myself in for a couple of days in bed in front of the tv for the elections..it is my guilty pleasure and I've been looking forward to it for many many months(for the record..I'm not American but this election has really gripped me!)

I'm not quite up to a glass of wine yet...but I will let you all know when you can stop drinking for me...hopefully I'll raise a glass by the weekend!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Lainey1954 wrote: »
    Will the crisps and WW work tomorrow morning please.

No.
    choclate24 wrote: »
    So are the Jacob crackers working out at 11p

Yes.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    I would go Gold or N3ctar if you will hit the spend to trigger the bonus (plus tcb or QC) - I feel sure I answered you yesterday too :D.

Anon

Yes I agree just need to work out the best one now lol but both of them give the small shop bonuses do they please :o That's if I get approved lol
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    bubbs wrote: »
    Shop worked will have to wait for aj to post

Thanks for confirming bubbs :beer:

I couldnt go to asda until this afternoon. APG £8.43, A v T.

15 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    2x Whitworths Soft Apricots (140G) £3.20 £2.00
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.10 £0.10
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.08 £0.07
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.04 £0.05
    1x Whitworths Juicy Snack Raisins (325G) £1.60 £1.00
    2x Whitworths Juicy Sultanas (325G) £3.20 £2.00
    3x Whitworths Cranberries (150G) £4.80 £3.00
    2x Whitworths Soft Dates (300G) £3.20 £2.00
    1x Whitworths Juicy Mixed Fruit (350G) £1.60 £1.00
    1x Whitworths Juicy Whole Raisins (325G) £1.60 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £19.42 £12.22
    +£7.20 cheaper
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ...and at last I am home.

very tired but feeling much better for seeing my own bed.

good to see a few glitches floating around....just sorry I wont be going out giving them a go.

Glad your home, now take it easy and rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure