Parking Dispute

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How does it work? 3 spaces, 2 for the houses and 1 for the flats. Have you got to know what every house/flat owns before deciding to park?. How do you know somebody hasn't got a hire car?
  • unforeseen wrote: »
    How does it work? 3 spaces, 2 for the houses and 1 for the flats. Have you got to know what every house/flat owns before deciding to park?. How do you know somebody hasn't got a hire car?

11 spaces, 6 allocated to the 3 houses, 3 to the flats. All designated to the properties. 2 spare for visitors.
  • Maybe but then I am the kind of person who does not assume I can use things and am curtious enough to think of others. Plus if they did somehow think they have access to these, they are Visitor spots and them deciding to park 2 vehicles there permanently in my opinion is ignorant and not thinking of others.

However thankfully I am not the kind of person who assumes they know what they are doing is wrong so a simple sign will at least alert them to that and give them the benefit of the doubt
  • So there are 3 house which have 2 allocated spaces each. Then 3 flats which have 1 allocated space each. Then 2 Visitors spaces for any visitor that visit those properties.

I know everyone in each house/flat and what car they have. Plus the 2 vehicles in question ho park there all the time are the neighbours down the road as it is their 2 business vehicles.
  • Lots of parking areas do not allow commercial vehicles or non roadworthy ones.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • The_Real_Cheddar_Bob
    The_Real_Cheddar_Bob Posts: 542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 February 2017 at 11:17PM
    i once had a note put on my car saying my number plate had been recorded as you put above..... i returned the next day with a huge sign in the windscreen, it read:

TAX DISC = PARKING PERMIT.......... (before tax discs weren't needed)

i love parking wars. i saw a sign today, please leave clear for disabled driver..... my mother is disabled, has been in a wheelchair the majority of my life, ignorant people ask "does she have to be in it all the time....." anyways, she never complains when people block spaces, she never moans that disabled bays are full of what appears to be able bodied people......

:j
  • rjwr wrote: »
    i once had a note put on my car saying my number plate had been recorded as you put above..... i returned the next day with a huge sign in the windscreen, it read:

TAX DISC = PARKING PERMIT.......... (before tax discs weren't needed)

i love parking wars. i saw a sign today, please leave clear for disabled driver..... my mother is disabled, has been in a wheelchair the majority of my life, ignorant people ask "does she have to be in it all the time....." anyways, she never complains when people block spaces, she never moans that disabled bays are full of what appears to be able bodied people......

:j

This is about a private parking space and not a road. ;)
  • What do you mean people with the vans sorry?
    I'd assumed they were vans when you'd said "commercial vehicles". Never mind, my point stands: What did they say when you spoke to them about it?
  • I don't understand how you can call this situation a "parking dispute" when you haven't even talked to the owners of the vehicle parked in the spaces!.
  • bearcat16
    bearcat16 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "The Visitor Spaces including in the Title are subject to the rights of user". So this would tell me that all other properties with allocated bays would have the same right but the house down the road who does not have an allocated space does not have the right to park there.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that wording does not seem (to me at least) to indicate that only those with allocated parking may use the visitor spaces.

I'd make absolutely certain they don't have the same right as you to use them before you go too far with it.

(Actually I hope you go for it, I want to hear what happens, this thread is highly entertaining)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure