Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2018

Comments

• mrs_motivated
    mrs_motivated Posts: 1,606
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    going to bit the bullet and go for zero budget for clothes and a planned spend of about £60 for the Lutterloh sewing pattern supplements for this year. Have more than enough fabric and yarn stash and patterns to make anything I need. Exception would possibly be the odd notion, zip etc but I think I can manage without and if not I will try to arrange to get via a stash swap!

Wow Jellie, that is really hard core. I am so envious that you can make your own things, I wouldn't know where to start. Good luck with the challenge.

No spends yet, my current tactic is just deleting all the email 'offers' that are bombarding my inbox at the moment....and chanting my new mantra "It's not a bargain, if you don't need it in the first place"
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,050
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone
    May I join in please. I'm aiming on cs shopping or having a go at making clothes(that will be interesting!!).
    My dd gave me some fit flops for Xmas so that's summer sorted and I should have enough boots/shoes for the rest of the year. The only things i will have to buy quite soon are jeans as my present two pairs are quite old so will need replacing soon.
    And if I'm making tops and things then some material and yarn!! Needless to say it will be a learning curve for me but I will give it a go.
    So money wise I haven't a clue but I will start at £15 a month as I can't make underwear,socks etc and each month carry it forward to buy a new coat before next winter.
    Not sure how I will get on but I won't know unless I try, actually I haven't a clue how much I spend, so here goes!!
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• MrsShazbat
    MrsShazbat Posts: 768
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Can I join please? I started the other year but failed and dropped out. I want to say I've decided that this year I'm not buying ANY clothes or shoes but as a safety net, I'll say I'm won't be buying any clothes unless it's sale, charity shop or a dire emergency. I don't need them, my wardrobe is bulging and I'm already planning another clear-out. The giftcards I got for Xmas went towards a nice expensive pair of sunglasses as I had already made the decision they weren't going on clothes, not even sale stuff. It might also motivate me to get some weight off as then a good portion of my wardrobe would fit me!! :rotfl:
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Spent 9.99 euros the other day on a new coat for DH, leaving 20 euros in our budget.

MIL has bought DD lots of leggings so nothing is desperate anymore but I could do with some trainers and another pair of jeans for work. Off to the sales tomorrow so I'll see what I find!.
  • Miss_D_Meanour
    Miss_D_Meanour Posts: 155
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 5:56AM
    Hi there
    Could I join again this year - apologies for late arrival. Last year this challenge really worked for me.
    I'd like to set my target for this year a little lower - £140. I will need to replace some work tops and undies.
    Thanks a mill and good luck everyone
    Miss DM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,314
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Welcome back to nannygladys, MrsShazbat and Miss D Meanour who are numbers 12, 13 and 14.
  • I know I am a bit late, but can I join?

I have a cupboard full of clothes etc so aiming for only buying if a dire emergency only. Not sure if I have set myself up for a fail but it will be an interesting challenge!

Thanks for setting the thread & challenge up.

SIL
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,314
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I know I am a bit late, but can I join?

I have a cupboard full of clothes etc so aiming for only buying if a dire emergency only. Not sure if I have set myself up for a fail but it will be an interesting challenge!

Thanks for setting the thread & challenge up.

SIL

Not late at all, welcome to the challenge. I've given you number 15.

Good luck :)
  • MrsShazbat
    MrsShazbat Posts: 768
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you! :wave:
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Thank you
    SIL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family