New TSB app

Options

Comments

• P-Nuts
    P-Nuts Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Yes, and anybody near you can easily see your bank balance. What's the point of passwords and fingerprint logins etc., if the app doesn't give you any privacy?
    The latest update has the balance in much smaller writing and shows all my accounts on a single screen. Seems TSB are actually listening to some of the feedback.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    P-Nuts wrote: »
    The latest update has the balance in much smaller writing and shows all my accounts on a single screen.

The smaller font size is only on the summary view, showing all the accounts. If you open up the separate accounts, the balance of that account is still written in enormous figures. If you want to logout, the app asks "Are you sure you want to log out?" and displays your name in enormous writing too. I don't know why it shows your name at all; does TSB think we might have forgotten who we are?
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok seems like I am one of the few that likes the new app. I like that only needs a finger print to log in so I don't have to type my passcode or selection of characters to get into my account. It is easy to use. I like how I can see all my accounts together or each separately.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    datlex wrote: »
    Ok seems like I am one of the few that likes the new app. I like that only needs a finger print to log in so I don't have to type my passcode or selection of characters to get into my account. It is easy to use. I like how I can see all my accounts together or each separately.

Same as many other banking apps, actually TSB was one of the few that still made me enter my memorable information, think its just Santander left now that needs details, and a few credit cards.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There's now a prompt on the old app to say they are turning it off soon.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Is the new version still draining battery life? (iPhone SE)
  • KittenChops
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    There's now a prompt on the old app to say they are turning it off soon.

I've had this prompt for at least the last 2-3 weeks, and yesterday I received a text message from TSB to encourage me to download the new app...

When I spoke to someone in my local branch in August, they said the old app would be switched off in September at some point.

I hope not, because it won't work on my phone :-(
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    User reviews for the new app on the Google play store have slumped to a shocking 1.9 stars out of 5. :-(
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How are their requirements on Android for the new app as compared to the old?

On Apple the requirement has only gone up by a .1 version of an OS, so the change shouldn't cut any devices off that hadn't already been done a little while back.

Still wish they wouldn't up their requirements at all as they're just helping the technology companies to get more money out of people.
  • northwalesd
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    How are their requirements on Android for the new app as compared to the old?

The notes for the old app say minimum Android 4.2, for the new app 4.1 :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure