Problem listening to music in car using mobile phones

Comments

• On your iPhone go to settings-->music and then de-select the "sound check" option.
  • Lulu58
    Lulu58 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just looked at the 'sound check' option, and it wasn't set, martinthebandit.
  • Lulu58 wrote: »
    I've just looked at the 'sound check' option, and it wasn't set, martinthebandit.

Was it linked to your car radio when you checked?
  • OK try

Open the Music app and make sure the volume is at 100%
    Call the voice mail while connected through bluetooth and press the volume up button several times. A bluetooth volume indicator might appear on the screen

Or in Settings - Music:
    Turn EQ to Off
    Turn Volume Limit to Off

Although disable sound check is usually the thing that makes a difference.
  • Lulu58
    No, it wasn't linked to my car radio when I tried it. I'll try that later today.

If that doesn't work, I'll try the other things you mentioned in your second post. Thank you, martinthebandit
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    You will probably need to experiment a bit. Different phones and different car systems cant all be expected to play as nicely together. the car i recently bought is the first thats had bluetooth for audio that i have owned. What i have noticed is that my note 4 uses different profiles for sound and the volume can be set differently.

Example:
    When i get a voice call in the car its great at lowish car speaker volume but when i played music over bluetooth i couldnt hear anything. I looked at the phone and it said the volume was 0 so i cranked it up and could then hear it fine. But i know i had already set the volume high when i had my earphones on earlier. The phone was using different profiles for the headphones / internal speaker / bluetooth media and a totally different one for bluetooth voice. So, you may need to adjust the phone volume when its connected and playing to make sure you are adjusting the right profile. In my case i can set the bluetooth voice and bluetooth media volumes differently. Of course not all phones will support using different profiles and not all car systems talk perfectly to all phones.

Experimentation is going to be all you can do i think. Should be a bit of fun.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lulu58 wrote: »
    We've got a nearly new Astra and have been trying to play music from our phones (iPhone and Samsung S5 Mini) through the speakers.

The volume for the radio is usually ok with the 'dial' at 10-15 dependent on road noise etc, but we cannot hear the music from our phones at that level at all. It has to be something like 40-50 and it sounds really tinny. When we get a telephone call, or switch off the music, it blares out.

We've tried it using bluetooth as well as plugging the phones into a USB socket in the car and it makes no difference.

Can anyone advise me what we're doing wrong?

I don't have an Astra, but in the Golf, there is a setting on the radio to adjust the level of the bluetooth (and CD /radio) sound input, so check the settings on the head unit in the car, I'm pretty sure also that the ipod touch if you adjust the volume on BT playback it adjusts the output volume.
  • Lulu58
    I'll check that out, DUTR, thank you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Are you using Spotify? If so then you need to go to the page in the app that shows the playback device and turn the volume up in Spotify. Did it to me with my Galaxy S7 and Pioneer head unit. Was working fine then the music was really quiet one day even though all volume settings were at max on the phone.
  • Lulu58
    No, I don't use Spotify, Tarambor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business