Can't keep burying my head in the sand!

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    49.9% :cool:

:eek:

Thats actually my purchase rate :eek:_pale_ nearly gone tho.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    paid an extra £15 off my Debenhams card :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I guess its all relative, looking at the rates on some of those loans on the telly, now they are really scary.
  • Morning quintwins,

You're doing really great.

I love freezer Tetris but like you I also forget what we have in there.

Hope you had a lovely birthday? X
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    49.9% is dreadful. Good that your OH got a O% but shame only for 6 months. The long ones are the best but I think the debt may have to come down more before you get offered them. Well done on the debt payments.

I don't like running a near empty freezer either. It frosts up quicker and is less economical so I fill it with bags of frozen vegetables, loaves of bread and tubs ice cream. All stuff we use but cheaper than meat,fish or frozen convenience meals.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • quintwins
    Thanks everyone, just having a quiet day. I'm not keen on an empty freezer either but I do still have loads.

Got another £5 swagbucks voucher.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 21 August 2017 at 11:52AM
    Just logged into my vanquish card and the interest has now been added for this month, I thought it already had been but I was reading it wrong :( looks abit less heathy but will still be closed before next statement.

Hubby reminded me of a bill I had forgotten about so the £150 I had planned to pay off my debt today is going to it which is abut gutting if I'm honest.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 23 August 2017 at 12:26PM
    Feeling abit blah here. Been really sickly this last week. Spent £29 in lidl last night on the usual milk, bread, yogurt cereals and cheese. Kids are expensive lol. Paid £20 off my vanquis card just so I could feel like I'm getting somewhere, I have decided I don't like the end of the month, it's like limbo.

Added another £20 to my emergency fund (I suspect I might end up using this to pay for the labor on my car) I'm up to £23.37 from skimming my bank aswell.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Hi folks I've been abit MIA. I've been very unwell but now I'm finally on the med after getting some tablets from the doctor. Moneywise things aren't going too well. car ended up costing abit more than planned. Means I won't be able to clear the credit card off as quick as I wanted to but it will be gone by next month and I still won't pay any interest on it this month. I'm looking at it that things aren't getting any worse which is would have if I hadn't started trying to sort things.

I will pop back later with my end of august numbers, I got a new phone so I'm having issues getting some of my totals.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family