newbie help me!

Hi guys,
Yes im new to all this and i really need some help, i need to raise some money in the next 10 weeks, by either selling, earning and other ways of making some money, please guide and advise me just where to start and what to sell on ebay etc, awaiting your advice.
pantherchick:j

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You can only sell what you've got on ebay. We have no idea what you've got, so can't help much there.

Car boot sales are up and running now so you could try them.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • sarahcmo
    sarahcmo Posts: 75 Forumite
    How about cutting coupons and vouchers this site has so many links to them also try supersavvyme they always have some. You can do pamper evenings for your friends and charge them even a fiver will help towards your goal. What about talking to your friends and saying i will cook a dinner party but its like a restaurant and they have to pay , its always great fun and you get some cash back as well .
    sorting through what you have and what you need , everything left over from the need pile can be auctioned, ebay has quite a few charges have a look at ebid.net they dont charge which is helpful there a few free sites around but not sure what they are .
    have a good read through the threads they always have tons of ideas for saving money .. Good luck
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Pantherchick try the Up your Income board there's lots of ideas on there. Also lots of ideas on the Superscrimper show. Try selling gold, clothes, books etc. Good Luck!!
  • sarahcmo wrote: »
    How about cutting coupons and vouchers this site has so many links to them also try supersavvyme they always have some. You can do pamper evenings for your friends and charge them even a fiver will help towards your goal. What about talking to your friends and saying i will cook a dinner party but its like a restaurant and they have to pay , its always great fun and you get some cash back as well .
    sorting through what you have and what you need , everything left over from the need pile can be auctioned, ebay has quite a few charges have a look at ebid.net they dont charge which is helpful there a few free sites around but not sure what they are .
    have a good read through the threads they always have tons of ideas for saving money .. Good luck

Hi thanks for reply, yes i gotta start somewhere and after all, we are all trying to save money in the long run, i never thought of the 1pennies before but when all of a sudden your life changes, saving the small pennies all add up, coupons etc, i need to pay off a few debts that ive been paying over the last two years, that are near completion, :rotfl:good on me for setting up the payment plans, but this last month my life changed, job wise and low pay and hardly any hours. so i need to tighten the belt, and learn to cover my debt and still be thrifty. all ideas accepted. with thanks x
  • McKneff wrote: »
    You can only sell what you've got on ebay. We have no idea what you've got, so can't help much there.

Car boot sales are up and running now so you could try them.

Hi i did say id sell my unwanted items on ebay, but i also said i would be pre paired to earn too. i want to be more thrifty pay some debts off that i have been doing, but hopefully pay off faster, im going away soon and want to raise some cash to pay for a nice birthday for my husband. many thanks for the reply:rotfl:
  • You know there are lots of ways to make money online, think affiliate marketing! moneymakerdiscussion is a pretty cool site if your into that kind of stuff. You can also make money buying and reselling stuff on ebay. However, if you out to make a quick buck then I suggest doing surveys or offers.
  • :j
    You know there are lots of ways to make money online, think affiliate marketing! moneymakerdiscussion is a pretty cool site if your into that kind of stuff. You can also make money buying and reselling stuff on ebay. However, if you out to make a quick buck then I suggest doing surveys or offers.

Hi there, thanks for the kind words. im not sure if i can do the answer questions etc for cash, it sounds along drawn out process. ive been going through some peoples ideas and selling alot of unwanted things is a first must, cash pot. crunching my spending etc, will keep on thinking of new ideas. many thanks for support x:beer:
  • :j

Hi there, thanks for the kind words. im not sure if i can do the answer questions etc for cash, it sounds along drawn out process. ive been going through some peoples ideas and selling alot of unwanted things is a first must, cash pot. crunching my spending etc, will keep on thinking of new ideas. many thanks for support x:beer:
    Survey sites, as an example i am on valued opinions and have earnd £20 since may, every little helps towards xmas, but I don't spend a huge amount of time the odd half hour here and there. i've tried a couple of others but don't really qualify for anything.

Ebay wise, without good feedback scores, it will be difficult to buy and sell on for much of a noticable profit, but would definately be a way to clear out some unwanted stuff and give you little bit of cash.

Bootfairs are always a good idea, just be prepared to take whatever for things, it all mounts up!

Other options, if you got some spare hours, sign up to mystery shopping sites, possibly look at kleeneze/avon type work as well?

Ive also delivered phone books in the past, think htere may be some coming up september october time, hard work and hourly rate not great when you work it out, but does give a nice little chunk as extra. earned between £60 and £200 in the past depending on how many routes taken. You do need transport for this though to collect the books, and drive to the delivery area, unless your lucky enough to get your own area.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure