Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'

Comments

• phwoggy
    phwoggy Posts: 26 Forumite
    I have a 54 plate 1.6 diesel and get the anti-pollution fault when I let the fuel run low, luckily my garage are happy to clear it off at no charge and it is fine again unless I get low on diesel.

I've had limp-home mode once and it had to go into the Peugeot garage for some chemical that mixes in the exhaust (not very technical, I know, sorry!) which cost £170.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lots of makers are using similar systems now to reduce the amount of crap coming out of the exhaust. but the Pug system is dire...

Even more dire than the Mazda system which dumps diesel into the engine oil if the DPF regeneration fails/does not finish its cycle?
    The man without a signature.
  • HiTo
    HiTo Posts: 106 Forumite
    Since when did the 2.0 90HDI have FAP?... Not come across a 2.0 90 with FAP.

Your right, they don't have them
  • tartantotty
    tartantotty Posts: 478 Forumite
    I have an 05 plate 307 hdi that had this error message for the 5th time in 2 years on wednesday. Its in the garage as we speak, and I am waiting for the bad news. HAs gone into limp mode everytime, and as I do a lot of driving I am bitscared to just leave it! Its been (according to them) a sensor, the fluid that needs mixed with the diesel, a hole in a pipe, and I can't remember what else. Its driving me up the wall. I have peugot extended warrenty which has paid for some bits, but not others.

I wish I had paid a bit more attention before I bought the car, and I may not have bothered.

I will admit that I know very little about cars so the garage could be telling me owt and I wouldnt know if it was true or not. Its really frustrating though

For the record, I mainly use Shell diesel, with occasional top ups from Tesco.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    FAP Filter? I thought that was something to do with internet censorship :o
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • anti pollution in the petrol models can be the crank sensor faulty (had a 1.6 GLX 307) and was that twice over 4 years (pug really (un)realiable electronics) lamda sensor went down braught up unknow code 0084 or something really stupid a live run readout found O2 sensor at fault, coil pack brought up catalitic converter fault, think that pug was built on one of their STRIKE days TBH, had a fuel pump go down, no 307 matched and it took a few days and a good motor factors techy brains to discover it was out of a 407, the 5 disc cd changer is absolutly shockingly prone to jamming up (but thats a blaupunkt fault).

think pug should pack it in and try again with a different outlook.

the deisels DPF's are second from MAZDA's all time most worthless bit of engineering there is regarding how thier DPF systems work in the earlier models, who in their right mind fits something that you know if a cycle is cut short dumps the fuel in the engine?
  • Right, forget FAP's and additive systems - you haven't got one!! Anti-pollution fault is a generic fault message and the engine management light being on at the same time is par for the course. Here's a quick check you can do to rule out one possibility, pop the fuel filter out and check it's condition. Also check the bowl for any sediment or tiny metal fragments. If you find metal fragments it's a sign that the high pressure pump is breaking up and is blocking the fuel flow regulator.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Right, forget FAP's and additive systems - you haven't got one!! Anti-pollution fault is a generic fault message and the engine management light being on at the same time is par for the course. Here's a quick check you can do to rule out one possibility, pop the fuel filter out and check it's condition. Also check the bowl for any sediment or tiny metal fragments. If you find metal fragments it's a sign that the high pressure pump is breaking up and is blocking the fuel flow regulator.

Shut up you spanner...
  • Hey Harveybobbles, all you bull about the FAP is wasted when the car doesn't even have one! The idea of a forum is to pass on experience to the benefit of the person asking the question, if they find something then great, if not well at least that's one less thing to worry about. Spend a little more time concentrating on the person who is asking the question rather than trying to further inflate your overexpanded ego!
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2011 at 11:44PM
    Well this is the message that used to show up on the 2.2 HDi Citreon C5, which had a DPF, most in thetrade just chose to stock the 2.0 HDi, but for private use the 2.2 was a nice powerful engine.

The usual problem was either a clogged DPF or more likely the Eloys fluid was low. It should be filled upo every 50k apparently.

However the only people that know what is fitted to this car are Peugeot, so the OP should ask them to confirm this.

I was corrected about the mk3 Mondeo being available with a DPF, it was but only as an option, though why you would opt for one is a mystery.

Perhaps the OP's car is actually a 110, or it was fitted with a DPF as an option, or perhaps they where fitted for certain markets, the car could be have been a parallel import from a different EU country when new, and that market a DPF was a standard fitment.

All the other advise above is relevant from my point of view, except the info' from TheInsideTrack, not sure about the Antipollutionfault message having anything to do with a dodgy high pressure fuel pump, that just doesn't ring true for me in all honesty.

The only time the Anti Pollution system warning light should come on in a PSA group car is when there is problem with either the Eloys fluid level or the DPF itself surely. It does seem a strange warning to show for a fueling problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure