IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I beat APCOA at POPLA

Dear Forum,
Yesterday I received notification from POPLA that I won my appeal against APCOA.

I read a great deal of interesting stuff and content on this forum and constructed my defence across a few critical areas and detailed my stance around these and filled in the gaps.

Background:
£1.70 was paid to park a car I own at Stroud Station and a ticket stuck to the windscreen staying the car was positioned outside a parking bay.

My response was thoroughly aggressive and compelling and watertight.
APCOA across the appeal pushed back I had broken Bye Laws....and this gave me more ground to kick them again.

Pretty much all supporting data and evidence was gleaned from this site, with some personal 'add ins'.

I haven't posted my responses yet and didn't seek forum input as I felt I had gleamed all I needed.

If you search this forum, you will find what you need. It's quite hard work, but I am grateful and no longer have any spurious demand from APCOA hanging around in my world, which is a delight.
Even more and better.....I beat these !!!!!!!s!!!🤓🤓😳😜

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Nice one, and well done on a DIY job. Food for thought for those who want spoon-feeding to the point of asking 'first or second class stamp?'

Any chance you could show us your appeal documents? Would be helpful to see where you delivered the KO blows.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Be aware that its not unknown for POPLA to overturn their decision ""due to more evidence becoming available"". IE, bung to the right people. Not sure how lawful that is though.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • I will copy the documents and upload (they are PDFed) and today I am working off my phone

Below is the response I sent to APCOA last night, just because 'I can'!

No chance at all the decision will get overturned as I spoke to POPLA yesterday and a formal letter was in last nights post.

Satisfaction and a sigh of relief and hence the vitriolic email below, which was a reply to their initial reply by email some time ago. Incidentally I am not expecting a reply to this ��:

Dear APCOA

Further to my email below, today I heard from POPLA and understand that APCOA failed in their attempt to extort money, without any legal standing or credibility from the owner of the vehicle!

In itself a very amusing outcome

Or to put it a basic and other way:

"YOU DOPEY !!!!S LOST!"

Have a lovely day and please do pay the invoice I am sending through for the damage to my property and the subsequent cleansing costs, very promptly to avoid a further arbitrary / legal 'caining'!

Have a great afternoon and just don't mess with the Best, cause you just are not good enough ����
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well done! I love your letter to the scammers.

Please post your PoPLA result in the POPA Decisions thread sticky at the top of the board. Thanks.

*Fruity goes off chuckling.*
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    another bylaw case that slipped thru the hold by POPLa , looks like half of their staff cannot read there main page , as late as this week people were being told there cases were being put on hold?

now what would have happened if POPLa had found in favour of the PPC? , you would have been asked to pay , for a charge that should not of existed

12 mths ago I would have suggested telling the ISPA that POPLa were making cockups , but as 40% of there staff have now gone , the remaining 3 being a retired policeman , a disabled civil rights "mouth" and a board member of the BPA , what is the point
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Is that not being discriminatory against us cripples PG?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    another bylaw case that slipped thru the hold by POPLa , looks like half of their staff cannot read there main page , as late as this week people were being told there cases were being put on hold?

The other possible reading of it is that POPLA have now decided that they can adjudicate on Bye-laws cases but haven't made the decision public.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    no there was a case this earlier this week on pepipoo where they received an email stating a delay
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family