The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Evening peeps. Hope you have all had a good day. Telly is rubbish tonight so think I am going to pour myself a G & T and settle down with my book.
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello: Everyone,

well done on any wins you have had lately :) I am alright,enjoying being busy and seeing friends :)

had a nice relaxing evening,tomorrow I am at Aquafit which I like doing and I did come home with my new swim suit as it was a perfect fit,will wear it tomorrow for the first time :)

was waiting to chat to my brother in Australia but think hes having a lie in so came off as want to go to sleep as I am tired.

speak tomorrow

love and light,

Katie xxx
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    week_end_greetings_scraps15.gif

good morning all :wave:

bright & sunny here after the downpour we
    had yesterday afternoon it's
    certainly perked the garden up mini-graphics-flowers-436954.gif

hope you have a lovely time at the aquafit Katie x

hope everyone has a lovely day whatever your plans are x

mini-graphics-bears-510809.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    s.gif

Good Morning,
    After all our sunshine the rain arrived at about 4pm yesterday and is still here, set to continue until late afternoon, arrive occaisonally tomorrow and then really heavy on Monday! Mention of flood warnings now after thoughts of a drought. Do you still need some rain Alfie? :D
    Glad it is nice for you FF.
    We are heading off to NE England tomorrow for a few nights so hoping the weather won't be just as bad there. For 2 of the nights we are staying in a nice BW Hotel for DB&B (my birthday present from DH) , another 2 nights are £30 B&B nights from Village hotel Jan sale. Premier Inn room only tomorrow though, although have a voucher for a free meal at Brewers Fayre next door. Been a hectic week so looking forward to it.
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • rosemac
    Options
    Morning everyone. Well rain arrived here overnight and it is still tipping it down. Hopefully it will ease off a bit later. Not intending to do much today apart from a run round with a duster and the hoover. Off to do some comping and catch up. Take care peeps.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    We've had a dampening shower up here in the North East - glad I did all my washing earlier in the week. I just checked my weather app and it tells me that the wind, which is quite brisk, will drop over the next few hours.

It's due to be ok weather up here tomorrow and light rain on Monday, Tuesday ok, then light rain through the rest of the week.
    Cool today, warmer tomorrow.

Nothing much to report on the competitions or freebies front. Some little bits of make up and interesting books to review- one on dog behaviour that my DGD will also enjoy reading.
    We -DGD and myself - are both dog daft. So is my niece, it must be genetic. My niece has 3 dogs, a very elderly Springer, a middle aged Golden Retriever and his 8 month pup nephew. My DD's family inc. DGD have 2 Springers.

I haven't had a win from the GfK TV survey draw in some months, which is unusual. Just a fiver for the in depth media survey I did. That went on a Tesco voucher, which was pretty useful.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxTTrv7vbTAafO3LrW3RZG9gFXqGyBQNH243C3esy-wJuXyQp04whappyflower.gif

:hello: Hi everyone

Hope you're all ok. :) We had rain here throughout the
    night and it's now turned into a beautiful day.

smileys-sunbathing-767100.gif

Must admit the garden has perked up a lot ..... so maybe
    I won't be asking for a rain dance just yet sheils. :D :rotfl:
    Have a wonderful couple of days away. :)
    leanfun30 wrote: »

In a bit of shock here. Had delivery of Goodreads book I won on Wednesday. Just looked at emails and I've won a pizza board on twitter!
    I'd decided not to bother with twitter comps then thought I'd have a go at a few more. We don't have a pizza board and GKs love them. Hope it might come with a cutter as ours broke and has not been replaced.

:j Yay! Excellent win leanfun - GKs will be thrilled to bits! :j :D :T

Have a brilliant time at Aquafit Katie. :T

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend - enjoy and take
    care. :)

Alfie xxx smileys-coffee-571508.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • rosemac
    Options
    Evening peeps. Rain has stopped. Leg is feeling a bit stiff and if it does stiffen up wont be able to get comfy to get to sleep. Hope everyone has had a good day.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its-just-me-saying-hi_873.gif

Good evening all, weather not too bad here, managed to dry some washing at least. Weather forecase here says rain for over a week! Hope it improves before we go away at end of the month.

Nothing much interesting on TV tonight!

Went into town and got a lovely soft pair of jeans from Debenhams in the sale so at least something fits now. Thats the trouble with losing weight, nothing fits.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Thanks for all your kind wishes. Today I felt a lot better. Head and chest nearly cleared. So looking up. I managed to help DH make a dinner. We have been eating things he could manage or takeaways this last couple of weeks. We haven't been eating too much but I'm sure that even though I have lost weight and trousers too big it's not as good as you Sylvia or Katie.

Rose hope you have a good night.

Hope you enjoy this next trip Sheils and miss the forecast rain.

We have just watched a good film on BBC2 with Helen Mirren The Woman in Gold. I had forgotten just what a good actress she is. This film was about a painting taken from an Austrian Jewish family during the war. It was made in 2014 and she is brilliant. Despite the subject i found it an enjoyable film.

Another Goodreads win today, this time a children's book. I am very careful about the books I enter and even though I don't go in for many seem to be very lucky with them.

Thanks for all the pics they are really cheery. Loved yours Sylvia made me really smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure