Santander - PPI claim upheld

Comments

• That's not a valid complaint reason. It just means you bought without any advice...

Ah ok, i thought i had read about the PPI being sold in store with the cards. Sorry :( still quite new to all of this
  • Mersey wrote: »
    You can request your HMRC/DWP work history (and your NICs' record).

Indeed some employers request this to prove your work history.

Can i just contact HMRC for this?

Thanks for advice
  • Ok so i got it wrong (the info the man from Santander gave me on the phone last week

"We're currently investigating your complaint about the PPI cover connected to your store card taken out on the 21 Sep 2000.

Based on the information that you've supplied and the records that we hold, we do not currently believe that we should uphold your complaint.

However, you have indicated on your original consumer credit agreement that you may not have been in continuous employment for 6 months prior to the date of the sale. You have stated that you had only been there for 3 months at the date of the sale.

This may have affected your ability to make a claim on the policy, your eligibility for the policy or its overall appropriateness, but without further information we cannot consider whether this is the case."

So my questions are:

What do they mean by this?

Are they admitting that they shouldnt have sold the PPI policy to me anyway due to me not being employed for 6 months? It was my first job from leaving college. I think i was employed in the Jun/july of 2000 and took the PPI policy in September 2000.

I could do with expert help on this please as i really don't want to mess up this claim. I also have a second claim with them and they are asking for exactly the same information.

Many thanks for reading
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Are they admitting that they shouldnt have sold the PPI policy to me
    They are admitting nothing.

They are asking for verifiable information and proof of your employment status at the time of the sale.

If you can provide this, then this may be something that they can consider. Otherwise, they are saying they find no validity to your complaint.
  • They are admitting nothing.

They are asking for verifiable information and proof of your employment status at the time of the sale.

If you can provide this, then this may be something that they can consider. Otherwise, they are saying they find no validity to your complaint.

ok thank you. Well i am going to assume they have the correct date of the start of my employment as i would have told them at the time of signing the PPI agreement.

I'll keep everything crossed for a successful outcome
  • [Deleted User]
    Well i am going to assume they have the correct date of the start of my employment as i would have told them at the time of signing the PPI agreement.
    That's not the proof they have requested from you. You could have told them anything. They want solid evidence. If you don't reply back to them with this, then they too will "assume" and your complaint will fail.
  • That's not the proof they have requested from you. You could have told them anything. They want solid evidence. If you don't reply back to them with this, then they too will "assume" and your complaint will fail.

Ok i have contacted the company that i started to work for to ask for a copy of the contract of employment so i can use that as evidence of my start date.
  • Hi Lynsey

Can you advise how you got on with your claim? I’ve revently registered a complaint with Santander for my Dorothy Perkins Store card. My circumstances re employment at the time are very similar to yours. I’m now not feeling hopeful.

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    " lyndsayb2010" last logged into this site in May.
  • Hi All.

I recently started a query, asking if I there was PPI on my Debenhams Card. It was opened in 1998, with GE Capital.
    Satander bought them out in 2004, and then New Day took over in 2015.
    After several letters, Santander upheld my complaint, with out going to the Ombudsman, and have been awarded £15,373!!
    Which, will be here just in time for Christmas.

If you need to make a query, send it the following address:

Santander PPI C1
    9 Nelson Street
    Bradford
    BD1 5AN
    Tel: 0800 171 2171
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income