Virgin Media Retention thread

New thread started as a follow on from the very successful thread started by swebb some 3 years ago where users have renegotiated a good deal with Virgin by phoning retentions.

I've moved a few relevant posts from the old thread to start it off.

Comments

• Taken fron the Virgin Media Website:-
    Call 150 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.
    Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
  • I have had the NTL / Virgin 3 for £30 for approximately 13 months. The Virgin TV has been pretty dire and I requested it be removed. I naively thought this would redeuce my bill to 2 for £20 instead I wasw told either the offer stood for 12 months or, if the digibox was removed my price would be £29 a saving of a pound! The 2 meg broadband has been great for my needs so I decided after my 12 month contract was up to have the TV and Telephone service out and just pay £18 for my Virgin broadband. Imagine my surprise when I rang Virgin to request the removal of the two services I was offered Broadband AND phone for a permanent price of £16.50 (twelve month contract) and if I wanted to keep the digibox (I dont) £22 for all three. So now I have broadband and phone for £3.50 less than I was paying for broadband alone.
  • safe_cracker
    safe_cracker Posts: 20 Forumite
    Originally Posted by andybodoyd viewpost.gif
    Wondered what mood Virgin and retensions are in at moment. Already get £40 off a month loyalty package but not happy with paying £18 a month for Medium broadband when new customers are getting it for £9. Don't want to push my luck.Anyone phoned recently?

I phoned the 0800 retentions number and told them I was thinking of moving to another provider as my 12 months at £10.00 per month for Size M Broadband was just around the corner. I was told they could give me a deal for £11.00 per month for another 6 months. They then mentioned that if I signed up to e-billing via their website, it would be reduced by a further euro, so I'm on essentially the same deal for another 6 months which seems okay.
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

I phoned the 0800 retentions number ...........

which 0800 number?
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • safe_cracker
    safe_cracker Posts: 20 Forumite
    wazza wrote: »
    which 0800 number?

Wazza,

It was 08000520870.
    Let me know how you get on/if you get offered the same deal.
  • Celticyo
    Celticyo Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me

I am on the £21 a month deal with Virgin Media, this gives me

Medium Broadband-Think it is 2 mb

Talk Unlimited-Free UK calls anytime

Tv Size-Medium

My contract is coming to an end soon and I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation and any offers that have been floating about.

I did phone up, and they offered to knock £1.50 of the bill every month, but I am sure there are better deals than this. Thanks,
    James
  • I need to make some essential credit crunch cutbacks, does anyone know if Virgin Media will allow me to have just 2 meg broadband on its own and how much will they charge per month?
  • colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I need to make some essential credit crunch cutbacks, does anyone know if Virgin Media will allow me to have just 2 meg broadband on its own and how much will they charge per month?

I have that and currently pay £10 a month
  • RDMD
    RDMD Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    colinw wrote: »
    I have that and currently pay £10 a month

I have the same too...though only for the next 6 months.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all

I am with Virgin - formerly an NTL customer & always think our bills are really high. They are usually £130-£140 per month & this includes:

line rental: £11
    additional line: £11
    talk international: £1.50 (thought I cancelled this AGES ago)
    TV XL: £22
    Sports: £18
    Broadband: L £25

Service charges are £103.45, approx £35 for calls.......

Don't want to get rid of the sports - but would we be better off on SKY?? We used to have them before cable came along but our bills seem to have gone really expensive. Any help gratefully received,
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure