IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wright Hassall - Please advise!

124»

Comments

• No worries, good luck!
  • Had everything completed and ready to post (re the strike out request) but didn't post as the envelope wouldn't stick down, so I popped home for some tape - only to find the particulars of claim waiting for me.....

The document is dated Oct 11th but the postmark reads Oct 25th. Do I continue with the strike out application or do I now have to defend the case?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    read post #38 here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5722800&page=2

it may help answer your questions
  • Redx wrote: »
    read post #38 here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5722800&page=2

it may help answer your questions

Very helpful, thank you. I'll call the court tomorrow to enquire on the actual date of service, and provided the PoC has been lodged with them I guess the next thing is to work on my defence. I will have a read through the other posts tonight, as I too have been guilty of concentrating on my own thread at the expense of others.
  • Quick update on this case. I rang the court who advised me to email them the details, which I did - also stating that I intended to defend the case. They seem to have taken this as my actual defence, and I have now received a 'notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track' in the post.

Reading the other threads here, it seems that I should respond 'No' to this. Am I correct, or have I misunderstood?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    !!!!!

You need to urgently OBJECT to them treating CORRESPONDENCE as a defence. It clearly is legitimate correspondence and NOT YOUR DEFENCE.

You DO want this allocated to the small claims track - eventually. However you shoudl not havea DQ, you do not have a defence lodged yet.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick update on this case. I rang the court who advised me to email them the details, which I did - also stating that I intended to defend the case. They seem to have taken this as my actual defence, and I have now received a 'notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track' in the post.

Reading the other threads here, it seems that I should respond 'No' to this. Am I correct, or have I misunderstood?

Read the thread by 777ade777

Get a defence in like his, NOW, that starts by pointing out you are still within 14 days of receiving the POC, and send another email as well, complaining that your email was a complaint for Amanda Beck to handle, not your defence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I too received the witness statement and press release this morning that others have reported. Will be interesting to see how this pans out!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I too received the witness statement and press release this morning that others have reported. Will be interesting to see how this pans out!

Glad to see you are following other threads to see what happens in CEL cases.

You must have sent your DQ to the court ages ago? If more than a month ago, I would phone the CCBC next week to check you haven't missed an allocation notice and hearing date/details about when you must submit your own WS and evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure