What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March

Comments

• DawnW wrote: »
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the start PF :)
    HK and CLF - hope you are ok :(

I have had a VERY spendy day _pale_
    Had to pay 4 weeks rent upfront on the flat my brother has been allocated, plus obtain some basic furniture / household stuff. Most of it came from either freecycle or my stash, but still had to buy bed sheets, a cooker, fridge and table. OH and I have to get the freecycle stuff later this week, so hoping it isn't too heavy. Brother is starting a temp job so won't be around. I ASSUME he is grateful for this, and our keeping him for the last 3 months :( Thank goodness we have savings!
    At least he is leaving, it has really taken it out of OH and I one way and another. :mad: Looking forward to getting back to whatever normal is!

Not much done except for trailing round charity shops, HA offices etc. OH and I even had lunch out as we were stuck in neighbouring town at lunchtime and hadn't taken anything with us :o Only a baguette and coffee, but still!

* HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fruit
    *Washed breakfast stuff up by hand instead of runnng DW more than once
    * Cooked fish from the freezer for dinner
    * Spendy again, but if there are any Home & Barker fans out there, they have discontinued one of their duvet set designs and are selling off for £9.99 double and £14.99 king. I couldn't let a bargain like that slip by, especially as I have given the old bedding from my stash to my bro!

Right, I am going to wash up the stragglers that haven't made it into the DW (OH did it, and always manages to leave things out), watch Collateral on TV, and then go to bed. Another day tomorrow! :j

I'm fine thanks Dawn - just having a mard! And the ear thing is ongoing.

I'm more worried about you - I hope things all settle down now xx
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Today I will:
    RM survey
    Wash hair and let it dry naturally
    Do weeks shop whilst children are at their gym lesson this morning, to prevent them encouraging me to go off list & to save time
    Set WM to run overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    BLD from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    Book on to HE workshop
    Home Educate childen

Both myself and DD are learning to knit, I need to have a look at mine as some how I have an extra 3 stitches, if I'm successful in sorting this, I'll get the 2 of us to do some practice.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 March 2018 at 9:20AM
    Morning folks

Big hugs to all

That cake sounds good purplefairy!

Ohhhhh my core is sore today! Too many situps. But I seem to be starting with a tickly cough which is a bad combo :o

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done. Good classic workout today.
    • Possibly go out after work but will not drink any alcohol. Will not suggest being out
    • OH to hopefully do some housework - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Put a wash on - done
    • Look out for the latest instalment of the Sunshine and Showers CAL - done
    • Do relaxing app. Am currently learning about diaphragmatic breathing!
    Not much doing today

clf x
  • 1LL polish also works to get off stickers :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady wrote: »
    (as dh moaned about my meal plan as I knew he would

Tell him he's quite welcome to do the meal plan, do the shopping and cook if he feels that strongly ;)
  • 1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Thanks Dnms :)

His response would be that he would happily swap roles so I won't be doing that!! :rotfl: He's out to work before the kids get up and the youngest if often in bed before he gets home, he misses out on so much doing what he does for our little family so I shouldn't complain about him really. :heart2: :heart2:

Awww fair play :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello Tuesday Money Savers,
    BB - Am impressed you are learning to knit! I was hopeless when I first started learning aged 8 or 9. But in the summer before I moved out of home to become a student, I managed to knit a whole garment....a long hippyfied jumper (well, it was the 1980s) with a tie-neck & pompoms! I just really took to it from then on & it really comes in useful for knocking out hand knitted gifts, esp for new babies......& the hippyfied blokes in my life who really seem to love funky socks knitted in self-patterning yarn.

Purps - Re sourdough jar. My culture (she's called 'Vesuvia'!) also lives in a kilner jar. I do keep the lid on. Only once has she burst through the lid & started making her way across the worktop. Usually she lives in the fridge & is very well-behaved.

Today's achievements on the frugal front:
    *Did a few surveys.
    *Did laundry overnight on cheap tariff. Pegged it outside & it is pretty much dry! Will just need an hour on heated airer to air it. Washer filled for another cheap load tonight.
    *Mixed up soudough ready to bake tomorrow.
    *Leftover pulled pork in homemade cobs for tonight's meal, with a big salad & home made chunky coleslaw, Will also get a jar of pickled courgettes out of the pantry as they go lovely with pulled pork & spicy things. Surplus crumble from Sunday's fish crumble will be going on top of the last pulled pork portion & frozen to make a spare meal. It'll do fine for a freezer dive night.
    *Paypal cash from my Toluna payout & my last Ziffit trade pulled over to bank account last night (£60), so I have today transferred it into our Loan Pay Down Fund.
    *Continued decluttering. Weighed a pile of items ready for listing on ebay. Tried another pile on Ziffit & managed to trade a box of CDs & books for £9.43.
    *Perused Avon book for bargains. Ordered some new foundation as it was half price, plus a couple of little items to put away in the presents box for an elderly relative.
    *Finished making my Easter cards - they look a bit of a pig's breakfast, but I really do need to be either using my craft supplies or moving them on.
    *Make packed lunch for tomorrow.
    *Knit. I want the heel flap, heel & foot shaping done tonight. Already planning next project from my stash.
    *Update DFW diary.
    Think that's it,
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves wrote: »
    *Leftover pulled pork in homemade cobs for tonight's meal, with a big salad & home made chunky coleslaw, Will also get a jar of pickled courgettes out of the pantry as they go lovely with pulled pork & spicy things.
    F x

What time should I be there for dinner? nom nom nom
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 March 2018 at 6:14PM
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Another treasured day off.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Stayed in bed til 4pm trying to shake off Plague. Haven't been on the phone or internet for a day.

* Need to try to sort out DW's Big Birthday which is soon.

* DW is making stew and dumplngs for dinner.

* Check DW's banking.

* Our local Superdrug-y-type-shop sells peel-off facial masks with a wee "tap" on the side so that you don't need to use the whole sachet at once and the contents of the sachet doesn't dry out. Will use a wee bit on what remains of my nose.

* De-junked files on my laptop.

* De-junked my emails.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 March 2018 at 5:37PM
    1LuckyLady wrote: »

:heart: Wash out the yankee candle jar that we finished yesterday as I will make use for it somewhere! I've got a couple in the bathroom with ear buds/cotton buds in. :)clean inside, will have a go at getting the sticky stuff off the outside of it tomorrow.

Acetone/nail varnish remover would work as would WD40. Wash well afterwards. Furniture Polish would work if it has Silicon in it.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure