IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Met PCN- late demand for £100

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The whole process is covered by the newbies FAQ thread

After rejection by popla you are in the debt collectors stage - you can safely ignore debt collectors

If this progresses to Court action come back for advice on how to deal with this at the time
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Simple, do what we all did here for years, before POPLA existed! Ignore them and only take seriously a court claim (no updates about debt collector demands, please spare us, and search the forum instead!).

I've ignored debt letters re a fake PCN several times (before POPLA) and nothing happened. MET are not known for small claims, just daft letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AJ16
    AJ16 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Simple, do what we all did here for years, before POPLA existed! Ignore them and only take seriously a court claim (no updates about debt collector demands, please spare us, and search the forum instead!).

I've ignored debt letters re a fake PCN several times (before POPLA) and nothing happened. MET are not known for small claims, just daft letters.

Thanks, I will take your good advice ;-)
  • AJ16
    I have now received a letter from DRP with notice of court action and another £100 has been added making £160. What's the next thing to do please?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 November 2017 at 11:08PM
    AJ16 wrote: »
    I have now received a letter from DRP with notice of court action and another £100 has been added making £160. What's the next thing to do please?

What did post #4 of the NEWBIES thread tell you?

Hint: ignore debt collector's letters - as mentioned in post #22 and post #23, and confirmed by you as the right thing to do in post #24. ;)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What did David Dunford of the DVLA say when you complained to him (as per my advice on 16/07/17)?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AJ16
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    What did David Dunford of the DVLA say when you complained to him (as per my advice on 16/07/17)?

Hi, I did get issued with a POPLA code after your post so did not see a need to contact him. Are you saying that I need to/should have done at this point?
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    AJ16 wrote: »
    Hi, I did get issued with a POPLA code after your post so did not see a need to contact him. Are you saying that I need to/should have done at this point?
    Thanks

Sorry - blind alley! Misread the fact that a POPLA code was eventually issued.

Just ignore DRP now - they’re powerless.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AJ16
    Strangely I received another letter from DRP yesterday, it is an offer to pay the £160 by instalments! I'm sitting this one out.
  • AJ16
    yesterday I had a letter from a new debt collection company about the same matter, this time it's from Zenith Collections. The DRP deadline expired, Zenith have a new pay by date of 20 Dec. Does this debt swapping happen a lot?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure