mortgage corporation/who bought them out.

Did anybody have a mortgage with the mortgage corporation. My wife and i are trying to find out who took then over in reference to asking them to write a letter for us to legal and general as a disclaimer over an endowment we want to cash in which isn't linked to a mortgage any more. If any body as done this
with the company that now owns the mortgage corporation we would be grateful to know about the procedures.:rotfl: :A

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you check your other thread, the current owners are mentioned in there.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • yef
    yef Posts: 1 Newbie
    I had exactly the same problem with a Canada Life endowment policy. Eventually I managed to track them down to The Mortgage Trust who can be telephoned on 0800 550 551. I was put through to their Residential Deeds Department and when I gave them my Mortgage Corporation mortgage account number (redeemed in 1995) they were able to bring up all my details on their system. I requested a letter of no further interest to be sent to Canada Life and for a nominal admin fee of £11.50 this was done within a couple of days. Canada Life have just confirmed to me that they have received the letter and they can release the policy funds to me upon maturity. You can also write to The Mortgage Trust at St Catherines Court, Herbert Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3QE. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure