Theme Park Tips

Options

Comments

• House_Elf_2
    Options
    Hi, kids should be OK. Remember they are being measured with their shoes on. My son wore his Heeleys everytime we went to Alton Towers while he was waiting to grow to 1.4m!!! (They gave him a few extra cm's!).

At Alton towers you can have them measured once and get a special pink wristband to show at all the rides if they are only just tall enough.

Don't remember having any height problems at Drayton Manor, but we don't go there as often.

The range of coasters and kiddy rides will keep them both happy at either park. (Ours are 6,12,14yrs. The little one has been 'theme parking' since he was 9 months old, and loves both parks!).

Have fun!:rotfl:
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind. (Caroline Flack)
    We have more in common than that which divides us. (Jo Cox)
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    any offers for lightwater valley at the moment? for weekend of 26th august for family of four

thanks loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • House_Elf_2
    Options
    Petree wrote: »

Buy the special plastic cups, ours are £4, but contain ~£3 worth of drink, refils are £1.50 so just fill and then dish it out into cups, you can do this all year with the same cup (keep your reciept though)

Petree

Thanks for this excellent tip! Bought Coke cups at Thorpe last week and took them to Alton Towers on Monday. Waved my receipt all day, but nobody interested in checking it! Got drinks for five people on 2 days for £4!! (20% off using annual pass!):beer:

Also, Alton Towers are discounting their clothing ranges as it's the end of the season (?), DS got a very good quality 'Air' sweatshirt for £8. (Half price plus 20% off using annual pass!). Look in the little shop near 'The Bath Boats'.:rotfl:
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind. (Caroline Flack)
    We have more in common than that which divides us. (Jo Cox)
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    Your son would probably prefer Drayton Manor especially Thomasland. The rides for older kids are good too. Not sure about the hieght restrictions but I do know they are quite strict. Health and safety.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    njwill wrote: »
    Hi Can someone please help me. We are thinking of going to either Alton Towers or Drayton Manor on September 10th (its a school inset day so thought it could be quieter) with my 7 year old daughter and 3 year old son.

Could anyone please tell me which would be the best park to visit? My daughter is around 1m22cm and just loves roller coasters. She has totally outgrown Gullivers World (she went on the wooden roller coaster there when she had just turned three and laughed all the way round) Will they let her on the rides that are 1.2m? Don't want to spend all that money to have her disapointed that she can't go on the ride.

Also my son is around 92cm, will they allow him on all the rides which state you have to be over 90cm as we would love to go on some good rides as a family?

Thanks very much

Just to be helpful i'd say either, lol! we had an inset day in June and went up to staffordshire on the Thursday night and stayed in a travelodge - went to drayton manor on the friday and ha a great time, I have 2 Thomas obsessed little boys who were enthralled and the ther children enjoyed Thomas land too. There are lots of other good rides at Drayton Manor my lot especially liked the flying boats, the sombreros and the drunken barrells. The next day we went to Alton Towers (we used to clubcard vouchers for drayton and had a special twin charity discount for AT) and I have to say that Alton Towers was superb with tons to do, better kept, better info and the rides were more exciting too. So unless your little one is a big Thomas fan and you can only visit one, I'd say Alton Towers wins out. (really really long walk from the park to car park though and last monorail was too crowded for us to get places on).
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    I have just been to Alton Towers with my merlin pass & recommend getting the fastrack tickets if you don't like queuing. I got a £8 and £4 one which gets you straight on the best rides as most queues were 60mins long . So may be worth a thought.

Also single riders get on much quicker(about 10 mins instead of 60 minutes!!)
  • missfrosty
    Options
    if anyone wants any bogof tickets to the theme parks i have around 8-9 vouchers that im not going to use. if you send me your address i can send them, think they good till end of september maybe october.cant remeber without looking.
  • There are some handy pages called 'Top Tips' on this website, most of the biggest parks have them and the Alton Towers one, for example, has things like avoiding queues, clothing to wear, if there are lockers etc.
  • angel00079
    Options
    I have two tickets, the ones like Sun were giving away. They are student tickets. They are valid until the 9th November. I have just had a look on the website and the park is only open on the 9th, the corkscrew farewell. I am guessing that these tickets would not be valid. Can anyone confirm this?
  • oraisteorange
    Options
    I've noticed fast passes for sale on ebay for Disneyland Paris - what's the story with them ?

Are they real or fakes ?

Can anyone advise me please ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport