easyJet compensation - tip

Options

Comments

• eyesy
    eyesy Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    alared wrote:
    The OP has used a certain number with success within the last week so maybe he would care to share it.

Apologies, it's 01582 525422. I actually tried submitting it to the saynoto0870.com but as yet they have not entered it in.

Eyesy
  • eyesy
    eyesy Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I'm curious about when companies try to weasel out of things, so in the interests of being prepared can I ask on what grounds they said you were not eligable? (Since your description of the circumstances make it clear you are eligable).

Simple: The woman said that they had given me more than 14 days notice so I wouldn't be eligble for compensation. I then replied words to the effect of: "Err no you haven't". She then asked me when I was given the notice. So quite how she could have originally known it was more 14 days when a few seconds later she asked when they notified me is beyond me...
  • vivclarkson
    Options
    I saw your post referred to in this weeks MSE e-mail and you prompted me to call Easyjet as I hadn't realised that I could get compensation. After a somewhat lengthy conversation, they agreed I was entitled to compensation and agreed to credit my card.

The rep did try and tell me that cancelling the flight for 'operational reasons' was unavoidable and so compensation didn't apply but when I disagreed with her, she went to talk to her supervisor (I assume) and came back agreeing to credit my card.

Thanks very much - when my flight was cancelled, the next flight was 2 days later so we incurred quite a bill. I claimed some of it back on my travel insurance but this has made up the shortfall.
  • isgman
    isgman Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, now you can purchase the Sandwich on the flight...LOL
    :beer: Keep your Chin up.. it can only get better :beer:
    :confused: I'm one of those people who was born to have money, :confused:
    :confused: but I just don't have any!:confused:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you think passengers who bought tickets for 1p+Tax have paid for the product they're buying?

easyJet don't do that kind of promotion.

BTW how's this for a cheap easyJet flight to Nice

Tuesday 13 March London Gatwick to Nice
    flight 5067; dep. Tue 13 Mar 14:20
    arr. Tue 13 Mar 17:15
    £209.99
    (per person)

Friday 16 March Nice to London Gatwick
    flight 5066; dep. Fri 16 Mar 10:30
    arr. Fri 16 Mar 11:30
    £288.23
    (per person)

Cost of your selection
    Airfare per adult or child £498.22
    (per person)

Taxes and charges per adult or child £14.50
    (per person)

Total amount due:
    1 adult
    £512.72
    (total cost)

and Ibiza

Friday 25 August London Stansted to Ibiza
    flight 3045; dep. Fri 25 Aug 19:40
    arr. Fri 25 Aug 23:10
    £165.99
    (per person)

Monday 28 August Ibiza to London Stansted
    flight 3050; dep. Mon 28 Aug 17:20
    arr. Mon 28 Aug 18:55
    £231.49
    (per person)

Cost of your selection
    Airfare per adult or child £397.48
    (per person)

Taxes and charges per adult or child £9.50
    (per person)

Total amount due:
    1 adult
    £406.98
    (total cost)

easyJet doesn't do capped fares, some fares are very low, some very high. They make healthy profits. The EU compensation rules do not threaten the survival of no frills airlines.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LittleMissBargain
    Options
    what I hate most about the easyjet website is the link you have to click on to book a "cheap" flight !!!

and don't even get me started on the delays, cancellations and bundle to get a seat on the plane....
  • hfffoman
    hfffoman Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I had a flight cancelled owing to bad weather. Easyjet just said they couldn't put me on any other flight in the near future so they will give me my money back. That represents no compensation and I am out of pocket by a huge load of expenses.

Reading the EU compensation rules carefully, they say that for a delay greater than 5 hours you are elegible for a refund or to be put on another flight even if the delay wasn't the airline's fault. As I understand it, that means if the flight is delayed by 5 hours you get to fly free. But if they fail to get you there at all, you just get your money back.

I am tempted to try arguing with EasyJet that I should get more compensation, e.g. the Euro 250 but it's hardly worth the hour plus £6 cost and trouble of getting through to them.

It's worth noting also that the way Easyjet handled my attempts to rearrange my flight was so unsatisfactory that I won't be flying with them again.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Write to them instead

easyJet Airline Company Limited
    easyLand
    London Luton Airport
    Bedfordshire
    LU2 9LS
    UK
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a bit worried - this threads begining to make Ryanair look good!
  • Zork
    Zork Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've literally just got back from Barcelona via Easyjet. I've flown with them loads of times and had very few delays. However from these posts a pattern may be forming. Our flight out last week was delayed for a couple of hours for 'operational reasons' and we got a £3 refreshment voucher each !
    ( Whoopee!) Then our flight last night was delayed for an hour or so, no great problem but another flight to Liverpool was cancelled.

Zork
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport