has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd

Comments

• Thank you marshallka for your advice, I really appreciate it.
    My friend told me about re-claiming the PPI insurance on my loan last year. I successfully re-claimed that money back from the Abbey by literally just writing a letter to the bank myself.
    I then only last week heard on the radio the advert from Kerobo claiming they could claim back any mis-sold PPI and 'Loans'- so that's when I thought I could maybe try and write off the loan as well.
    I was originally sold the loan over the phone and if I'm being honest the loan was my wife's (now ex-wife) and I feel I've been totally stitched up with it. The loan was for a new car, family holiday, home improvements etc. I got the loan out solely on my name as my wife had such a bad credit rating.
    I started the thread on here as this company deal with both PPI and Loans & I was hoping someone has dealt with them already, perhaps your right and I should start the thread on loans forum as well.
    I haven't paid them any money at all, they emailed me the Claims Loan Pack yesterday to fill out and send back. They've already rang me this morning asking whether I'd done it yet. I'm just going to ignore them until I get some advice & feedback. I am very sceptical though.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I rang them up and apparently all loans done before April 2007 are potentially invalid because people were mis-sold the loan / PPI over the phone. This company say they have a 100% success case record against the banks at the high courts.
    They are telling you lies. They cannot have a 100% success rate. They cannot also have had many successes as around 100,000 claims were put on hold waiting the outcome of a landmark case. That case has just happened and found in favour of the lender.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6868968.ece

You may also want to read the article below about the sorts of claims being made by some claims companies that the Ministry of Justice has classed as misleading (pay attention to the one mentioning 100% success rate) :
    http://www.moneyhospital.co.uk/blog/post/crackdown-on-dubious-claims-companies-20026
    I've read on another forum somewhere that these companies don't mention anything about trashing your credit rating in the process of winning your case at the courts etc. Is this true? I don't know who to believe? Please help!?!?!?
    Some cases have had success as they approached in a different way or had multiple issues or went through before the hold or were settled before it got to court. They are a tiny minority though. In some of these cases, the debt was not written off but remained as an unpaid debt on the credit file. Therefore totally destroying the ability to get credit again.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Thank you marshallka for your advice, I really appreciate it.
    My friend told me about re-claiming the PPI insurance on my loan last year. I successfully re-claimed that money back from the Abbey by literally just writing a letter to the bank myself.
    I then only last week heard on the radio the advert from Kerobo claiming they could claim back any mis-sold PPI and 'Loans'- so that's when I thought I could maybe try and write off the loan as well.
    I was originally sold the loan over the phone and if I'm being honest the loan was my wife's (now ex-wife) and I feel I've been totally stitched up with it. The loan was for a new car, family holiday, home improvements etc. I got the loan out solely on my name as my wife had such a bad credit rating.
    I started the thread on here as this company deal with both PPI and Loans & I was hoping someone has dealt with them already, perhaps your right and I should start the thread on loans forum as well.
    I haven't paid them any money at all, they emailed me the Claims Loan Pack yesterday to fill out and send back. They've already rang me this morning asking whether I'd done it yet. I'm just going to ignore them until I get some advice & feedback. I am very sceptical though.
    I hope you make the right decision for you. I am just against these companies that say they will write off your loan and not charge you anything other than this £500 quid to "audit" your agreements and documents. Half the time nothing comes of it and people are being ripped off right left and centre. I would definately get more feedback and be very careful.

Good luck
  • marshallka
    dunstonh wrote: »
    They are telling you lies. They cannot have a 100% success rate. They cannot also have had many successes as around 100,000 claims were put on hold waiting the outcome of a landmark case. That case has just happened and found in favour of the lender.

Some cases have had success as they approached in a different way or had multiple issues or went through before the hold or were settled before it got to court. They are a tiny minority though. In some of these cases, the debt was not written off but remained as an unpaid debt on the credit file. Therefore totally destroying the ability to get credit again.
    Yes, that is exactly what can happen in lots of these cases. The solictors and CMC's forget to tell you this when making these "claims". I think if you really don't want to pay back what you borrowed cause of petty reasons then you deserve all you get.
  • Thank you dunstonh and also thanks to marshallka for some great advice. I think I'll delete the Kerobo Claims Loan Pack from my inbox right now! :money:
  • Hi - my tuppence worth.
    I can understand claiming against the PPI (which you have already done). I can't see a reason for claiming against the loan itself. You asked for the money and you got it. end of.
    Sorry to sound harsh.
    Companies that claim they can get you out of paying money that you genuinely owe - for a small fee - speaks for itself. They are preying on the vulnerable or greedy

DF
    MFW 131
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think you probably feel more ripped-off by your ex wife than by the loan company
  • complaicency
    complaicency Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 November 2009 at 4:15PM
    [TEXT DELETED]

Now to answer your question, all credit agreements prior to 2007 can be deemed as unenforceable. Now the reason for this is because banks were in breach of the consumer credit act between 1974 - 2007. Now if you go back a few years ago banks were giving loans and credit cards out left right and ceneter. Now one of the biggest errors they made was not checking that the customers could afford the monthly repayments. and another breach was not explaining in full how APR is calculated when you took out your agreement and not getting you to sign to the new rate. This is actually classed as mis-leading and being mis-sold to you. Now there are a possible of 20 errors within the old agreements and only one of these errors needs to be found to deemn the contract not worth the paper it's written on. Now because of this in 2007 our UK's high courts deemed all agreements before 2007 can be deemnd as unenforceable as i mentioned to you. Providing you havn't signed to the new terms and conditions of 2007 then your outstanding balance can be written off.

Hopefully that will help some of you to maybe get an understanding of how this actually works. [TEXT DELETED]
  • marshallka
    edited 13 November 2009 at 4:15PM
    [TEXT DELETED]
    Now to answer your question, all credit agreements prior to 2007 can be deemed as unenforceable. Now the reason for this is because banks were in breach of the consumer credit act between 1974 - 2007. Now if you go back a few years ago banks were giving loans and credit cards out left right and ceneter. Now one of the biggest errors they made was not checking that the customers could afford the monthly repayments. and another breach was not explaining in full how APR is calculated when you took out your agreement and not getting you to sign to the new rate. This is actually classed as mis-leading and being mis-sold to you. Now there are a possible of 20 errors within the old agreements and only one of these errors needs to be found to deemn the contract not worth the paper it's written on. Now because of this in 2007 our UK's high courts deemed all agreements before 2007 can be deemnd as unenforceable as i mentioned to you. Providing you havn't signed to the new terms and conditions of 2007 then your outstanding balance can be written off.

Hopefully that will help some of you to maybe get an understanding of how this actually works. [TEXT DELETED].
    All credit agreements can be deemed as unenforceable - that says it all???

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6868968.ece
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 November 2009 at 4:17PM
    all credit agreements prior to 2007 can be deemed as unenforceable.

There we have it. Proof of misrepresentation [TEXT DELETED].
    [TEXT DELETED].

Being regulated by the MoJ is so easy. No qualifications required. its little more than a request to become regulated by them. Initially, the MoJ did nothing to crack down on dodgy claims companies. However, they do now seem to be tackling them and shutting them down. Especially those that make claims of 100% being unenforceable.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure