25% Discount for Teachers on Orange

I've just heard that teachers can get a 25% discount on their Orange phone bill. I called Orange customers services, who told me to take a payslip and ID card into an Orange shop and they would apply the discount.

I intend to try this out tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone on here know whether this will actually work? Seems too good to be true. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Comments

• nrbolton wrote: »
    I've just heard that teachers can get a 25% discount on their Orange phone bill. I called Orange customers services, who told me to take a payslip and ID card into an Orange shop and they would apply the discount.

I intend to try this out tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone on here know whether this will actually work? Seems too good to be true. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Did this work? I'm thinking of swapping to orange and getting an iPhone 4s and if this works i can afford to get a cheaper phone as a more expensive tariff!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 October 2011 at 1:50PM
    Many shops simply deny the existence of this discount. Those that don't deny it, don't offer it for 4s.
    Orange iphone 4S
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Perhaps teachers can use the 25% discount to upgrade to a higher plan & when a child (read brat) breaks the law no matter how small call the police instead of the local authority school dealing with it like they are the law then we might have some respect in schools & society ;)

YES, so Orange stop denying the 25% discount....your making the UK fall to the chavy standard of the French (Telecom?) standard !
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • rachelhen
    rachelhen Posts: 546 Forumite
    I heard that if you worked for the council you could get a discount too.
  • zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The Ts and Cs are at http://www.orange.co.uk/perk
  • Yes its true, well true if you work for the council.

I work for Notts county council and am seriousaly considering swapping to Orange from 3. My friend at work just went over to Orange about a month ago and got the discount, just took her wage slip in.
    Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016
  • I visited an Orange shop this morning to try and sort out the discount of 20% for teachers.
    I had a very difficult assistant who informed me that it didn't exist, then asked to see my bill (which I had taken with me) and told me that it did not show it on this. I asked him to find out about it as it did exist.
    Having looked on his computer he had to admit it does exist but ONLY when you take out or renew your contract and it is not available on all new makes of phone.
    So Orange are playing a flanker. Not only do they not tell you about this offer (I was told my employer should have told me - when according to him it did not exist) BUT they only do it at a time to suit them.
    Well done Orange. Not a real help to us poor teachers then!:(
  • nsabournemouth
    nsabournemouth Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Go on strike if you don't get what you're 'entitled to' then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure