Which Tattoo studio is best in scotland?

Comments

• feefee_3
    feefee_3 Posts: 111 Forumite
    ayslum tatto high st ayr

did a fantastic job at repairing a botched job on my hubbys first tattoo scotland flag lion faceing the wrong way,,,, now its perfect i still dont know how they fixed it
    the local tatoo guy here suggested bar code
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    I go to Petes in Dalkeith near Edinburgh. He is spot on, very clean and well priced. I wouldnt go anywhere else. xx

This is where I got mine done too :)
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • Lou76
    Lou76 Posts: 428
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have three tattoos, and only one has come from Terry's, and I would never go back. Squinty lines (that don't even join!), smudged work, and a generally awful service - really not a nice experience. My boyfriend's tattoo from there is squint, and I know for a fact they don't ID - I know a 14 year old who has been tattooed there which doesn't fill me with confidence that they follow other rules.

I'd recommend Blancolo's on Union Street - I visited them when they had studios at the Savoy Centre and again when under Central Station bridge, they made my tattoo experiences delightful and I am so proud of and delighted with their work.

Jeesus, even now, I thought they would have changed by now? :eek: What with health and safety, call 0800 SUE THE B*STARDS etc.

My Dad had tattoos done by Terry [the man himself in those days] when he was 14 - he'll be 59 in May.

My Dad's since has his tats removed - by painful laser treatment :(, which has been enough for me to never had a tattoo done in the first place. Although, there has been the odd [drunken time] where I'm tempted. ;)

One [positive] thing I'll say for Terry's, when my Dad was having his laser treatment done, about 15 years ago, they did comment on the high quality of the ink used, seems his tattoos hadn't faded as much as they'd like. :confused:

Seems Terry only uses/used the best ink. :p
  • Ali1501
    Ali1501 Posts: 27,291 Forumite
    pogofish wrote: »
    Yup - Kev did two of mine - very well indeed. :)

tried to thank you but the thanks button wont work :rolleyes:
    I got food in my belly and a license for my telly
    And nothing's going to bring me down
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,830
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi

anyone know any really good tattooists in Glasgow?

Thanks!

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hello hieveryone

I'll move your thread to the 'Scotland' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • _amy__6
    _amy__6 Posts: 8 Forumite
    i got mine from Irezumi in partick. they were really nice and discussed my tat in detail with me even though it was really simple. they also checked my id as i was only just 18 at the time. it was nice and private in a wee room too.
  • Lou76 wrote: »
    Jeesus, even now, I thought they would have changed by now? :eek: What with health and safety, call 0800 SUE THE B*STARDS etc.

My Dad had tattoos done by Terry [the man himself in those days] when he was 14 - he'll be 59 in May.

My Dad's since has his tats removed - by painful laser treatment :(, which has been enough for me to never had a tattoo done in the first place. Although, there has been the odd [drunken time] where I'm tempted. ;)

One [positive] thing I'll say for Terry's, when my Dad was having his laser treatment done, about 15 years ago, they did comment on the high quality of the ink used, seems his tattoos hadn't faded as much as they'd like. :confused:

Seems Terry only uses/used the best ink. :p

The 14 year old is now 19 and hates the fact the tattoo is squinty and badly placed. I'll make sure to tell them about your dad!

Sadly I don't think they use quality ink any more. I've ad a tattoo from them that's nearly 3 years old, and it's very faded ad smudged. :mad:
  • Jinky67_2
    Jinky67_2 Posts: 166 Forumite
    The 14 year old is now 19 and hates the fact the tattoo is squinty and badly placed. I'll make sure to tell them about your dad!

Sadly I don't think they use quality ink any more. I've ad a tattoo from them that's nearly 3 years old, and it's very faded ad smudged. :mad:
    I got one from Terry's in 2006 (3 years ago) and it looks like i got it yesterday.

I still love it and dont regret it in anyway....thinking of going back for another now.
    Matched betting profit since Feb 14th 2009: = £638.59 :D

:www:
    Joint Savings for a house deposit - £3424.14 \ £10,000 (34% of target reached)

:starmod: Personal savings for insurance \ car \ holiday etc - £2765.63 \ £3000 (92% of optimal running balance)
  • dot-to-dot
    dot-to-dot Posts: 18 Forumite
    I agree with everyone who has said Kaya on Dumbarton Road. My friends get all their tattoos done there and they are perfect. I've also heard good things about Custom ink/inc(?) but I don't know about that one first hand. I wouldn't go to Terry's, I've heard the same stories everyone else has - shaky lines, badly shaded etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure