Fully remove Experian account (credit expert)

Hi, my first post :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to fully remove my membership details from the credit expert website. By this I don't mean wipe my credit history (that's not possible, i know!) But remove the fact that I can still log on to the website. I'm guessing you'll understand I'm trying to set up a new account to get a free 30-day trial, is this possible?

Cheers!

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 31 January 2013 at 2:51PM
    Phone CreditExpert and ask them
    0844 481 0800
    0115 935 6662
    0800 5610083

Or Phone Experian at their head office
    0115 941 0888

Edit: I'm pretty sure you can ever have one free trial (they'll know you who are when they do a new id check). It's only £2 for a statutory report and has all the same data.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Sorry, I should of said I had phoned them already. Just I wasn't sure if they were 'bs'ing me or it just isn't possible.
  • The fact you have benefited from a free trial is not just logged on the website and no, you cannot clear it.

What is more productive is to ask how long before you can benefit from a second trial. As far as I am aware the answer is never from Experian but Equifax do allow you more than 1 free trial with a certain period between them
  • InsideInsurance, you are right, I got my second chance after 2 years (Experian), but I do not have any idea what is the minimum time between two demo's.
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Cant you just pay £2 and get your report that way?
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    RichL74 wrote: »
    Cant you just pay £2 and get your report that way?

Yes he could, but £0 is better than £2 so it was worth asking the question. This is a money saving site after all...
  • I’m sure that its not just the website login shows that you have taken the benefit of the free trail. There are more evidence that will prevent you from getting another free trail.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Do you have a fee paying RBS or Natwest account at all?

You can get your experian credit report for free via the benefits available.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    stclair wrote: »
    Do you have a fee paying RBS or Natwest account at all?

You can get your experian credit report for free via the benefits available.

Also included with Smile subscription accounts: unlimited credit reports and alerts for changes
  • shonzyd
    shonzyd Posts: 303 Forumite
    it is possible. Because i have had x2 30day trials. not sure what the time period is but i signed up in 2010 got a free trial. Then signed up again 2012 and got another free trial with exact same details. So its not impossible.
    Trainee Building Surveyor

DIP 12/02/13 - Mortgage application 13/02/13 - Valuation 14/02/13 - Valuation OK 22/02/13 - Mortgage offered 05/03/2013 - Completion 22/03/2013

FINALLY IN MY FIRST HOME
    !!! WAHOOOOOOO! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family