Risen from the ashes ...

Comments

• The risotto does sound nice :) i buy the packet Ainsley Harriot asparagus and leek risotto and that is really nice (surprisingly)
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • You can but packet ready made Risotto!

mmmmm might do for a store cupboard item for the winter emergency cupboard (which I must start thinking about soon .... must head over to the "preparing for winter thread" soon!;)).

Always struggling for the *worst case scenario* type meals that can be cooked on a camping stove (as there will obviously be no power / gas!) and only need water (of course, there is no water either .... but I will have lots in store by then!;)).

*runs away before anyone discovers I am actually nuts*:o
    runs back in as you should all know that by now anyway* :rotfl:

Yup .... I do tend to have a bit of a "thing" about emergencies / being cut off (which does actually still happen fairly frequently & goes back to childhood when we were cut off for weeks at a time!).

Think it is also a OCD related thing too (but like the spreadsheet obsession) as it does tend to get worse when I'm really stressed.

There is a "Rising household Emergency Plan" - which I'm sure could rival many business ones!:rotfl: Only problem is that I can't actually fit what I need into Dinky :eek:.

A wee snippet (off the top of my head as, of course, the whole thing is memorised anyway!): cat 1 on front seat in carrier, Maisie on back seat (she takes up the whole thing), cat 2 in carrier somehow needs to fit on back seat with Maisie:eek:, cat litter tray (which is HUGE) & bag of litter in boot (ditch the boot lid!), dog & cat food in boot (which is tiny!) & food & water bowls & all their other [STRIKE]junk [/STRIKE]essential stuff ...... which leaves the foot wells of the back & front seats for food / water & my stuff!:o

Of course ...... (and I'm sure everyone does this:p) the winter car emergency kit (shovel, sleeping bag & rug, waterproof clothing, gloves & hat, torch & batteries, wellies & thick socks, whistle, bottled water, snacks, book ... and loo roll!) live in the car all year round!:o

*really runs away this time*:rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    no, no *covers eyes to avoid seeing Rising's list*... I already have people taking the mick at the amount of disaster prevention junk in my car, the sleeping bag would be just too much and anyway I already have stash of blankets

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Oh Rising :rotfl: you are desismileys_6973.gif but we love you desismileys_3992.gif
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    desismileys_6973.gif Yep. Definitely...
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • badger_
    badger_ Posts: 475 Forumite
    Oh Rising :rotfl: you are desismileys_6973.gif but we love you desismileys_3992.gif
    desismileys_6973.gif Yep. Definitely...

I'm not saying anything... but I thought exactly the same desismileys_6872.gif

Just kidding Rising desismileys_0135.gif
    LBM 24/05/2012 :T
    August NSD 10/12 * £2 savers
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    What they said ^^^^^ :D:D:D
  • :o :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::o

Yup .... agree 100%:D

Can't be helped I guess .... I do tend to get a wee bit obsessed with things from time to time:o but I do live very near a nuclear power station :eek:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    :o :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::o

Yup .... agree 100%:D

Can't be helped I guess .... I do tend to get a wee bit obsessed with things from time to time:o but I do live very near a nuclear power station :eek:
    Obsessed? :think:

Can't say I'd ever noticed...:D:p:D

Is this one of yours?

th?id=I5035437484540270&pid=1.1
  • badger_
    badger_ Posts: 475 Forumite
    Have a great day Rising hope your hayfever won't be too bad today. How's Maisie?
    LBM 24/05/2012 :T
    August NSD 10/12 * £2 savers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family