IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk Parking Control Ltd

Comments

• AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    You're falling for the scam. Don't contact them again and ignore their threatening junkmail. They'll give up after 4 or 5 letters.

It's not a 'fine'. All you have is an unenforceable invoice.

Appeals procedure is a trick.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:18PM
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD.

STOP!

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP!

STOP!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • i too have just received another of these parking charges, i have received about four previous from wetherby moto services and paid them, tried to pay this one and couldn't get through, while searching for their site i came accross this, i must say, i feel a little sick but they won't get another penny from me! thanks for your posts gents
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    SUMPOUK wrote: »
    i too have just received another of these parking charges, i have received about four previous from wetherby moto services and paid them, tried to pay this one and couldn't get through, while searching for their site i came accross this, i must say, i feel a little sick but they won't get another penny from me! thanks for your posts gents

its a damned shame you paid the other scam tickets, but at least you've found out the truth now :) make sure you pass the message onto family and friends , the only tickets to deal with are from the council or police.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • just to keep you informed.

i kept getting sent letters until i finally recieved one from the 'solictors' acting on behalf of UKPC.

I then rang these to inform them i had no intention of paying, and was told numerous lies about what would happen.

anyway, 3 days later i received a letter telling me my notice had been dropped and no further action was to be taken.

what a bunch of jokers.

do not pay, never pay. These guys are scam artists.

thanks again for the advice guys.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    I hope you did not ring a premium rate number.
  • hi there, i have look though the pages about ukpc and have taken on bored what has been said about not taking any notice of what they are sending in the post, but myself and girlffriend were give a ticket of £120 for staying in a mcdonaled car park for 1 hour 48, 18 minute over the alotted time. now they have sent one for £150 should i keep on with ignoring method? as i dont want this fine to get bigger and bigger??

thank you
    samuel
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    bowda wrote: »
    hi there, i have look though the pages about ukpc and have taken on bored what has been said about not taking any notice of what they are sending in the post, but myself and girlffriend were give a ticket of £120 for staying in a mcdonaled car park for 1 hour 48, 18 minute over the alotted time. now they have sent one for £150 should i keep on with ignoring method? as i dont want this fine to get bigger and bigger??

thank you
    samuel

The invoice (its not a fine) will get bigger and bigger, but no matter how big it gets, the same advice applies, you simply ignore everything they send to you, the ticket is not enforceable, you are a customer using their facilities they have no loss!

Its a SCAM!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Hi on the 21st August this year I was left a parking notice on my windscreen for 'leaving the site' at the time there was a parking attendant lurking about and I pulled him to one side to explain why I had been given it and he did explain and also said that it was the person who was on before him that had given me the notice, however I explained to him I had been given it wrongfully and he himself agreed. I then proceeded to appeal against the notice with UKPC and had a response which wasn't to my liking so I then appealed again which they again responded to and again I wasn't happy with the response so I then appealed again and after this time I didn't receive a response. A month went by when I then recieved a letter in the post requesting a larger amount or it would be sent to debt collectors. I sent the letter back with a letter attached to say I no longer lived at the address which I dont but my parents do still live there. Low and Behold a month later I recieve a letter from dect recovery plus requesting a larger amount again! I ignored the letter and today I have now recieved a letter saying I have 7 days to pay it or they will give me a CCJ. I called the number up and got through but the bloke said 'he could not hear me properly' even though he quite clearly could, he then took my mobile phone number and said he would call back within a few minutes. that was 4 hours ago and still no phone call :mad:.

Sorry for the long winded post but any advice would be much appreciated.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Llonus10 wrote: »
    Hi on the 21st August this year I was left a parking notice on my windscreen for 'leaving the site' at the time there was a parking attendant lurking about and I pulled him to one side to explain why I had been given it and he did explain and also said that it was the person who was on before him that had given me the notice, however I explained to him I had been given it wrongfully and he himself agreed. I then proceeded to appeal against the notice with UKPC and had a response which wasn't to my liking so I then appealed again which they again responded to and again I wasn't happy with the response so I then appealed again and after this time I didn't receive a response. A month went by when I then recieved a letter in the post requesting a larger amount or it would be sent to debt collectors. I sent the letter back with a letter attached to say I no longer lived at the address which I dont but my parents do still live there. Low and Behold a month later I recieve a letter from dect recovery plus requesting a larger amount again! I ignored the letter and today I have now recieved a letter saying I have 7 days to pay it or they will give me a CCJ. I called the number up and got through but the bloke said 'he could not hear me properly' even though he quite clearly could, he then took my mobile phone number and said he would call back within a few minutes. that was 4 hours ago and still no phone call :mad:.

Sorry for the long winded post but any advice would be much appreciated.

I wish these companies would stop telling lies. They can't just "give you a CCJ". For that to happen the case would have to go to court (very unlikely), you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Just keep ignoring these scam artists. They will eventually stop pestering you.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure