The Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,098
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ive managed the 40 point goal and had enough.

Hoping its easier tomorrow.

Happy swagbuckling to you all!!

Mare
    x
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Snozberry: The problem is that swagbucks cannot control the offers from the offer walls. This is why I do the videos and occasional survey only.

Cally: I honestly don't know any, I'm not actually interested in computers ha ha. I know how to maintain a computer but when I want to upgrade I tell my dad what I want and he does the research/builds me a computer. I guess I'll have to start doing that myself but I'm still not that interested.
    Having said that, I'm being tempted to learn programming.

66/100
  • Minnibix
    Minnibix Posts: 263
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi

Thanks to everyone for your help, I was thinking of downloading from SB for some extra bucks but I dont think its worth the risk now.

Ill stick to the usual

Love this thread
    xxx
  • snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Snozberry: The problem is that swagbucks cannot control the offers from the offer walls. This is why I do the videos and occasional survey only.

Cally: I honestly don't know any, I'm not actually interested in computers ha ha. I know how to maintain a computer but when I want to upgrade I tell my dad what I want and he does the research/builds me a computer. I guess I'll have to start doing that myself but I'm still not that interested.
    Having said that, I'm being tempted to learn programming.

66/100

You are right - it can't control them but I do think that swagbucks should have some responsibility as to what they put on their website. I mean, any old shop on the high street wouldn't last five minutes if they were selling, for example, duff tvs and the like. They may not make the tv but their name is above the door.

I have learned my lesson. Thought that I was being clever at having a separate email address to avoid spam but clearly that wasn't enough. I'm sticking with trusted surveys, and offers from websites/companies that are well known.
  • compbren
    compbren Posts: 140
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Daily Survey only took 5 minutes to do today. I love it when that happens!
    House Deposit: £28,000 and still saving!
  • GreenFairy
    GreenFairy Posts: 379
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've just signed up to SwagBucks this evening, thanks to this thread. Heard about it years ago but it was very U.S.-centric at the time which is no good in this neck of the woods.

Hoping to squirrel away as many of those lovely amazon vouchers as possible. Could be a chunk of my Christmas presents sorted - wahoo!
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Torialou78
    Torialou78 Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    right guys I found one that's credited for me instantly ... downside it took 24 hours of popping back onto facebook to play a game however only for 2 mins every couple of hours. 49sb though.

Supersonic Galaxy legion. No downloading and you do not need to let it post to your fb wall. Was really very little effort not massively interesting either lol.

Take note of the small print sign in with facebook then you need to play till level 10. However it is one of these games where you run out of energy after a few moves so you have to let it fill up your energy and then come back.
  • Torialou78
    Torialou78 Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    ooo that was a little large ha ha sorry :-) first time made txt larger :-)
  • marieukxx
    marieukxx Posts: 371 Forumite
    Ok, every virus has a name, this is why every home should have a second computer, you should search the name of the virus. There are techie forums whom I can guarantee have come across and fixed every virus before us mere casual computer users have even caught the damn thing. There are usually step by step instructions, but make sure you read them really carefully and if it's really bad it can take hours. I know you have probably fixed now, but this is really useful to know in the future. A year and a half ago, I had a virus that meant I couldn't even open the task master (to non-techie literate, this is like the strongest control you would normally use), my techie boyfriend found the instructions for me : ) But I got the virus from watching GLEE! ha ha

@minibix; There are two types of virus (this isn't strictly true), one that wants to cause havoc and the other is the one you should really be worried about. The second can cause your computer to become part of illegal activities, to spam, to be a gateway for other people to use your internet access and can steal your details. It's in their best interest to remain hidden or you'd get rid of them immediately. Remaining on safe websites is best to keep clear of these, but let's face it, everyone likes the slightly naughty sites. :rotfl: Just make sure you scan and if you have a problem, take it to an expert.

I have to say this conversation makes me think there is still a market for my boyfriend to start his computer fixing business up in...

This took an awful long time for me to write, started writing gibberish half through..

Yeah I did actually find out what it was and the name and was on geeksgo and they were helping me but in the end they couldn't get rid of it. I also had a guy out to look at it. In the end I was advised by both to do the fresh install and a guy from America on geeksgo forum talked me through it on my laptop all day as I did it.
    Swagbucks - £150 / Dooyoo - £20
    My Survey - £10 / NMA - £5 / IPSOS - £10
    MY GOAL TO ACHIEVE BY XMAS:
    New 42" Full HD LCD TV - £324.98
    TV Stand - [STRIKE]£47.85[/STRIKE] - Purchased
    Total still needed minus vouchers earned [STRIKE]£372.83[/STRIKE] £177.83
  • mandamonster
    mandamonster Posts: 29 Forumite
    Torialou78 wrote: »
    right guys I found one that's credited for me instantly ... downside it took 24 hours of popping back onto facebook to play a game however only for 2 mins every couple of hours. 49sb though.

Supersonic Galaxy legion. No downloading and you do not need to let it post to your fb wall. Was really very little effort not massively interesting either lol.

Take note of the small print sign in with facebook then you need to play till level 10. However it is one of these games where you run out of energy after a few moves so you have to let it fill up your energy and then come back.

Did this offer a while ago on three different walls and got credited for each (you can reset your game data once every 30 days). There are quick ways to play the game and get to level 10. Think the quickest I managed was within a couple of hours. Trick I found is to do the high paying missions and anytime you move up a level invest your Rank Points (under SHIP tab) in Engineers, which gives you more energy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure