IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Care Parking - Metrolink

Options
Hi guys, I've already read the newbies thread but it was too late.
About a month back I received a PCN for not parking in a valid space at a park and ride at a metrolink stop in Manchester.

It wasn't until after I sent my appeal I came here and realised care parking aren't a BPA member.

I recently got my appeal marked as rejected and they intend to proceed with the supposed monies owed. However I wasn't even aware of the signage at this stop because it's so small and not well lit at all considering I parked when dark.

I did relieve a popla number but have not yet received any form of post from them (yeah I was a berk and gave them my address and driver too).

This situation isn't exactly clear in the newbies thread for me, what steps should I take next?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes they are BPA members, that's why you have a POPLA code!

http://www.careparking.co.uk/

You are at POPLA stage so you need to read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread and get a decent appeal into POPLA within 30 days of the rejection letter. The templates are there in the sticky thread. Show us what you put together, using them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • perseat
    perseat Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Christ, I went to the official list.
    Didn't realise the weren't listed as "Care Parking" but instead as "Anchor Security Services Ltd t/as Care Parking".

Because of my first stage appeal, what's the best way to go about the popla appeal?
    Same as if I didn't say I was the driver?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 6:49PM
    Options
    perseat wrote: »
    Christ, I went to the official list.
    Didn't realise the weren't listed as "Care Parking" but instead as "Anchor Security Services Ltd t/as Care Parking".

Because of my first stage appeal, what's the best way to go about the popla appeal?
    Same as if I didn't say I was the driver?

Appeal as per the advice from Coupon-mad using the template appeal points. Unfortunately you won't be able to use anything about non-POFA complaint or keeper not liable since you outed yourself as driver. Otherwise use all the available points you can find and post your draft here before you submit it.

Having your own pics of the site and signs would be useful.

It would be worth finding out if the car park is covered by byelaws as that gives you an additional appeal point and means neither the driver nor keeper are liable, only the owner, which you will never divulge.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • perseat
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Appeal as per the advice from Coupon-mad using the template appeal points. Unfortunately you won't be able to use anything about non-POFA complaint or keeper not liable since you outed yourself as driver. Otherwise use all the available points you can find and post your draft here before you submit it.

Having your own pics of the site and signs would be useful.

It would be worth finding out if the car park is covered by byelaws as that gives you an additional appeal point and means neither the driver nor keeper are liable, only the owner, which you will never divulge.

How would I find out if the byelaws did apply to me?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    byelaws apply if Metrolink decide to issue a court case within 6 months

Care Parking are trying to use no byelaws and deal with it differently , because they issued a POPLA code

so you need to draft and submit a popla appeal within 28 days

and hope METROLINK dont issue anything under the byelaws (which they wont as they never do)

shame you outed the driver, as its a simple win at popla when a driver isnt known
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

That's true, Railway byelaws can potentially hold an owner liable only. So this case is like other Indigo or NCP ones, the OP should search the forum for 'Indigo owner POPLA byelaws' to find a suitable POPLA appeal to adapt, if it seems likely from Google research (by you, perseat) that Railway byelaws apply here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • perseat
    Options
    Here is my current draft of the Popla doc
    dropbox . com/s/57bnpop7lepyokq/Dear%20POPLA.pdf?dl=0

I'll need to add more regarding the byelaws but I'm doing a little more digging.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 14 March 2017 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Here is my current draft of the Popla doc
    dropbox . com/s/57bnpop7lepyokq/Dear%20POPLA.pdf?dl=0

I'll need to add more regarding the byelaws but I'm doing a little more digging.

http://dropbox.com/s/57bnpop7lepyokq/Dear%20POPLA.pdf?dl=0

I can't get that link to work.
  • perseat
    Options
    Works for me when I click it and I'm not signed in.

Try this:
    puu . sh/uJ2pg/31b5d491d9.pdf
  • Fruitcake
    edited 15 March 2017 at 9:23AM
    Options
    Works for me when I click it and I'm not signed in.

Try this:
    puu . sh/uJ2pg/31b5d491d9.pdf

http://puu.sh/uJ2pg/31b5d491d9.pdf

It works now, but it is old and out of date. Not a GPEOL hasn't worked since Mr Beavis lost in the Supreme Court in 2015. The inadequate signage point is far too short. There is no mention of byelaws; did you investigate this potentially winning point?

Please read post 3 of the NEWBIES thread and use all the relevant template appeal points you will find there. You must also find out if byelaws apply as that point alone will win if it is applicable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business