'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kidcat wrote: »
    bluebag and cheapskate- do you prefer your scones with butter and jam or just butter? :)

Why thank you kindly for asking, just lovely butter and a steaming mug of tea if that's not too much trouble please.
  • Hello! Another noob taking advantage of the new thread here! :hello:

Sadly I'm another one here with an OH recently been made redundant. I am poorly with a recurrent illness at the moment as well, that doesn't help :( But so many people are in worse positions, I shouldn't complain really. I'm a compulsive stockpiler so if nothing else at least we won't go hungry.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2012 at 11:17PM
    kidcat wrote: »
    lisa - have you considered DLA for your hubbys arthritus? If its that painful and ongoing he may get at least a little to help.
    Have a scone, in fact have two - I baked fifty this morning in a major operation to keep me focussed and make sure we had something nice to offer new people. :)

What's going on with DLA? I heard new applicants an't get it? That they have to apply for that new replacement one PIP which is more difficult to get(as if DLA isn't)you have be assessed:eek::mad:and if successful you get 20% less than DLA pays...Also those on DLA will have it cancelled in 2013 and you have to reapply and again have to be reassessed .

But they say it will take between 2013-2017 to catch up on everyone so you have to hope that you are at the back of the queue...one of the last called in...it is a worry for so many.

Bit lazy when I was out earlier I meant to bring in some scones, crumpets and teacake. Oh well, there is always tomorrow...

I know it is late but will soon do a casserole and add some strips of turkey steak in with it...I was going to do it in the slwo cooker but think having watched a cookery programme last night I think I can do it on the hob in approx 15-20mins(don't think it will use much electric.

Having a late night tonight tidying the kitchen...I keep putting it off and saying I'll do it tomorrow and then I don't.

Whether I stay here(am allowed to)can afford to, it has to be done...I'm a fella but the bathroom and toilet is tidy, as are the bedrooms(except one)hall and landing, living room and though now used as a big pantry the dining room is too.

Then I will start to go through the backs of stuff I put in that bedroom and see what needs keeping, throwing out and some of it may once have beloneged to Mum...

Then everything is quite reasonable...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    As many here like to cook(and seem pretty good at doing so)have you seen this story?

Women aren't good cooks until they are 55
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Happy new thread everyone and welcome to all newbies and delurkers. X

Many thanks to everyone for all your good wishes for tomorrow. Relaxing now after a lovely takeaway - well I wasn't about to cook after sorting the pies out for tomorrows evening do! Had a fantastic facial and manicure curtesy of my birthday voucher from nearly MIL which I've been saving for this. Dresses etc all done and ready, pie fillings defrosting, tins pastry lined and in fridge, cheese and onion pies made and peas soaking so enjoying a well earned glass of vino with my lovely nearly DH. (Going to be strange getting used to typing that!) The weather forcast is giving 20% chance of rain so hopefully will stay dry for us - if not we'll just have to do photos inside, no biggy.

Will set up a flicker account and treat you all to some lovely photos - provided our 2 lovely photographer friends manage to take some where I'm not either gurning or captured mid sentence with my mouth open!

Helen X
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Pops - as far as I know DLA is still being awarded, I am currently applying for DS14 and was sent a form no problem

My understanding is that when PIP comes in all new applications will be assessed as PIP, however existing claimants will be migrated over as their claim comes up for review rather than it stopping in 2013 and having to re-apply. After that anyone with lifetime awards will be looked at again too, hence the 2017 deadline.

What an awful article, I wouldnt consider myself an exceptional cook but I get by and can do all the things they say that women wont have mastered until 55, and have been doing so since my early twenties.
  • kidcat
    Forumite
    Happy new thread everyone and welcome to all newbies and delurkers. X

Many thanks to everyone for all your good wishes for tomorrow. Relaxing now after a lovely takeaway - well I wasn't about to cook after sorting the pies out for tomorrows evening do! Had a fantastic facial and manicure curtesy of my birthday voucher from nearly MIL which I've been saving for this. Dresses etc all done and ready, pie fillings defrosting, tins pastry lined and in fridge, cheese and onion pies made and peas soaking so enjoying a well earned glass of vino with my lovely nearly DH. (Going to be strange getting used to typing that!) The weather forcast is giving 20% chance of rain so hopefully will stay dry for us - if not we'll just have to do photos inside, no biggy.

Will set up a flicker account and treat you all to some lovely photos - provided our 2 lovely photographer friends manage to take some where I'm not either gurning or captured mid sentence with my mouth open!

Helen X

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, enjoy yourself its truly a magical day :)
  • claim completed and submitted, blimey that was tough! the deadline stated on the site was april 2013.
    I'd best tell DH that I've done it for him now, he's a funny so n so for things like this, would have put it off so glad that there was a part for claiming on someone elses behalf! If it comes through he'll not complain though, it'll keep the wolves at bay.

Kidcat, thankyou...a lot xxx

stiltwalker, can't wait to see the pics, i hope it's a truly wonderful day. now get to bed if you haven't already!! x
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    What a silly article. Cooking is all about practice not age. I've done many things these past few years and gaining in confidence all the time. I can hold my own in the kitchen because I've had a lot of practise.

Absolute poppyc0ck to suggest I am unlikely to reach my culinary peak for another 22 years. Deary me
  • kidcat
    Forumite
    lisakay - wow it took me ages filling in DS8 form last year, not to mention a box of tissues and a bottle of wine, am still trying to fill DS14 form in but having the tissue problem again - I think I have an allergy to the paper they use or something as my eyes water something terrible when I am filling the forms in;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure