Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Ktkoozal
    Ktkoozal Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I have had many a chuckle reading this thread, thanks to all who have posted. I have just entered a Fragrance Direct comp on FB and found the following, it is pure genius::rotfl:

Didn't think we had to comment, but here's mine - OMG, OMG this would be amazing to win and just at the right time since I just recently died from being hit by a meteorite, my little dog was tragically abducted by aliens and is now just a head in a jar on Alpha Centauri, and my house was eaten alive by bol weevils. My homeless family who are all suffering from wasting terminal illnesses would really be cheered up until, of course, the End of the World which will happen two weeks after the end of this competition. :D:D:D

PLEASE, PLEASE LET THAT BE ONE OF US!! I really hope this is from a fellow MSE comper who is hilarious, well played that man! :T
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    ^ Yep! See here in this very thread. :)
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still haven't won with .... OMG, OMG etc.... but folk seem to appreciate the irony...:cool:
  • smaisey
    smaisey Posts: 975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    BlueBella wrote: »
    LOL I bet she uses the big 50 birthday quote in all of her posts year after year :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: TBH if I was her, I would prefer to use a 21st birthday quote year after year though :rotfl:

I replied to her comment on one of the comps (for a jar of hoi sin sauce!!) saying "How would a jar of hoi sin sauce help you celebrate your 50th birthday in style!?"

She then edited her comment :)
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 10:20PM
    If there has ever been a dress that is meant to be mine, this is it. Amazing. I would love to have this in the cupboard for my Nan's funeral when the time comes. She would love it too.

:eek: !!!!!!? So is Nan already dead, or is this lady just the height of uber-prepared?

What.....The........Fudge?!?!?!
    Been away for a few days so just catching up with comps and also catching up with this 'I'm so desperate to win a prize on FB, that I'll write anything down' thread.
    I'm just wondering, if she wins, is she going to show it Gran? I can just imagine the conversation - 'Heyup Nan, do you like the frock I won? Just showing it you now 'cos I'm putting it away so I can wear it at your funeral'
    Either Nan is going to be delighted at a Granddaughter who is going to scrub up well, or, she is going to write her out of the will first thing in the morning.
    Some of these posts, it's hilarious, yet disturbing at the same time.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • dontone
    smaisey wrote: »
    I replied to her comment on one of the comps (for a jar of hoi sin sauce!!) saying "How would a jar of hoi sin sauce help you celebrate your 50th birthday in style!?"

She then edited her comment :)

lol. Quite a few people have got wise to her comments and have been commenting with posts along the same lines.
    Is she still using that post? Or, more to the point, did she actually win with it?
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Ktkoozal
    Ktkoozal Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2016 at 1:14AM
    Thanks Skilos, I hadn't seen it. :)

Pate-ci0, you are awesome, I bow to the master! :T
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
  • Pickles89
    Pickles89 Posts: 123 Forumite
    dontone wrote: »
    What.....The........Fudge?!?!?!
    Been away for a few days so just catching up with comps and also catching up with this 'I'm so desperate to win a prize on FB, that I'll write anything down' thread.
    I'm just wondering, if she wins, is she going to show it Gran? I can just imagine the conversation - 'Heyup Nan, do you like the frock I won? Just showing it you now 'cos I'm putting it away so I can wear it at your funeral'
    Either Nan is going to be delighted at a Granddaughter who is going to scrub up well, or, she is going to write her out of the will first thing in the morning.
    Some of these posts, it's hilarious, yet disturbing at the same time.
    Be Lucky.

THAT would be truly epic! :rotfl: Maybe we'll find out on another comp?

'OMG this is such a fantastic prize! I would really love to be lucky enough to win this tin of reduced-salt, low-sugar baked beans because I was let down over an inheritance, so I'm desperately poor. :( Keeping everything crossed!!! xxx'.
  • dontone
    Heyup everybody

Have a look at the Home Bargains £100 FB prize tonight, someone has posted a brilliant sob story on there about a budgie, moving into a former psychopath's house, and the walls being a dubious colour.
    It's brill, and obviously must be true :rotfl::rotfl:

A million points to whoever posted it :T:T:T:T:T:T:T

p.s one a lighter note, I've just found out that I can now use the Smilies on here again. For some reason, I've not been able to use them for about 2 years - apologies for going a bit mad, got a bit of catching up to do :rotfl::T:eek::o:D:p;):mad::money::beer::j:(:)
    Be Lucky :beer::beer::j:j:j:j:j:):A:(:T:rotfl::cool::money:

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    dontone wrote: »
    Heyup everybody

Have a look at the Home Bargains £100 FB prize tonight, someone has posted a brilliant sob story on there about a budgie, moving into a former psychopath's house, and the walls being a dubious colour.
    It's brill, and obviously must be true :rotfl::rotfl:

A million points to whoever posted it :T:T:T:T:T:T:T

p.s one a lighter note, I've just found out that I can now use the Smilies on here again. For some reason, I've not been able to use them for about 2 years - apologies for going a bit mad, got a bit of catching up to do :rotfl::T:eek::o:D:p;):mad::money::beer::j:(:)
    Be Lucky :beer::beer::j:j:j:j:j:):A:(:T:rotfl::cool::money:

Ooooooh yes please this would bring a smile my face as my uncles, nephews long lost son has suffered a devastating loss, his budgie died. We have just moved house and it needs redecorating as it was previously owned by a psychopath so the walls are a dubious colour and my kids can have a decent xmas present this year instead of a lump of coal & a satsuma ...... Good Luck everyone:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure