MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• sweetbabu
    sweetbabu Posts: 162 Forumite
    Arbrighton, I know what you mean - I have my last client before my due date tomorrow. I do have another booked on Tuesday though - I have been booking them in, subject to change!

Will be glad to have the weekend off! And, thankfully OH is off this weekend as well.
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello ladies, (gatecrashing from the less than 12 weeks thread as I seem to be the only one there at the moment)
    Can anyone recommend some over the bump briefs that offer light support without digging in anywhere please? This is my third pregnancy and my belly feels much bigger than it should for this point.
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry Fluffy, can't help, still waering my existing pants, wherever they get to these days.

Came on to say:

I SLEPT TIL HALF SEVEN without a dawn chorus or 1am wake up. Now off to vote with OH and then walk the dogs down the hill back (we've always walked before but it's up a really steep hill and I can't now)
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Snow they don't half know how to frighten us, keeps us on our toes I guess. Hope your appointment went well.

Arbrighton hope you feel better and enjoy/take it easy walking the dogs.

Sweet fingers crossed she can squeeze you in, if not at least she can see you the day after.

So induction booked in for Sunday, the wouldn't entertain a second sweep as I am already favourable. Again, they hope I go before then as do I. Lots of twinges/contractions but nothing concrete. Also lost my plug, had to get the OH to double check :rotfl: told him he'll see far worse come baby's arrival. I'm glad he can find the humour in it as much as I do. Back on my ball now, and meeting some of the other NCT ladies later. Another one is due to get induced Saturday, and one is due Sunday so could very well have our own wee reunion this weekend.
  • sweetbabu
    Fingers crossed April!

Last client has been and gone, wishing me all the best and saying she can't wait to see the baby.

Still no lost plug here, and the monkey is still really far up. Scrubbed the kitchen floor last night as MIL kept saying that's what I needed to be doing to get things going....
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Dog walk was erm entertaining. BIGdog chased ducks and fell in the canal. Again.

Little dog just kept providing 'gifts', not appreciating that the floor really is a blinking long way away now!!!

I'm pottering around the house vaguely tidying it and a friend is going to be driving more or less past on the motorway on tues so arranged for them to come to lunch
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,
    Day 12 here and made it out the house for the first day yesterday. Went to register the birth.
    Finding breastfeeding much easier now, that first week is very tough and nipples survived with lanisloh helping after every feed. We are in a feeding every three hours routine which means we are getting a few blocks of 2 hours sleep at night which is good!
    Thanks for the nursing top recommendation Penguin. I haven't bought any yet, just been lazing round feeding in my PJs.
    My C Section scar is healing OK but definitely tired today after walking abit yesterday.

Looking forward to hearing more baby news shortly!
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    Well done Vanilla! And good luck April...

It's been a bit of a carp week here - had a call from work yesterday asking me to go in for a meeting. Turns out my role is at risk of redundancy, with a 30 day consultation period. Poorest ever possible timing. Am in again next Tuesday for the first 'meeting' (assuming baby doesn't arrive between now and then). So have been a bit emotional and all over the place - was in tears in bed this morning. OH was brilliant, just found me a hanky and gave me a cuddle, which is what I needed. Could really do without all the extra worry though :mad:

Apart from that, no real signs here - a bit of front pelvis aching, which I assume is just the baby's head going deeper, and occasional mild period type pains is all. Really doesn't feel real at all. Pretty tired though - 1 trip out of the house a day seems to be about all I can manage, and still struggling to knuckle down and finally finish packing hospital bag.

Sorry no specific comments everyone else - I am reading and thinking of you all, just feeling a bit sorry for myself and not terribly chatty. I think going into labour would be a relief, as it would at least give me something else to think about :(
  • sweetbabu
    Oh no, firebird - I'm really sorry to hear that :(

I've been under threat of redundancy before and it's awful enough to deal with without being pregnant! Much as I'd love to say, please try not to stress about it, I totally understand that you won't be able to do anything BUT stress about it - even though it's the worst thing right now :grouphug:

And Tuesday as well! That's the day before you're due, isn't it? I'm hoping everything goes well for you.

When I was put under threat of redundancy, the feeling between all of us was horrendous. We felt SO undervalued and I ended up leaving anyway - and it turned out to be the best thing I've ever done! Again, though, I wasn't due to give birth imminently!
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Enjoy maternity leave arbrighton and sweetbabu.

April- fingers crossed for baby soon! I found the contractions etc really frustrating as I felt my body was so close to labour but not quite getting there. If you do get to induction, I hope your experience of it as positive as mine, the worst bit was the sitting around waiting and being on and off the ctg all day.

Well done vanilla. We need to book to register, something for next week! I have also found the first week of breastfeeding harder than I expected, hats off to you for managing it after a C section. We have managed to get out twice- once to a retail park for a wander and a coffee, and today we went to vote and the local shop. Our feeding routine isn't the really there yet and at nighttime we have 4 hour screaming sessions that are truly awful. But during the day he is a dream and once down at night he is great.

Firebird- thinking of you. That truly sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure