car contraact

signed for a new car mid-february and 0% finance contract signed - now company is saying we need to pay £70 as they can't deliver before the end of April 17 and price of car has gone up - I am saying that as we have signed contract this shouldn't be our cost it should be the company ?

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    signed for a new car mid-february and 0% finance contract signed - now company is saying we need to pay £70 as they can't deliver before the end of April 17 and price of car has gone up - I am saying that as we have signed contract this shouldn't be our cost it should be the company ?

There will probably be some "best endeavours" type clause in the contract whereby if its delayed outside of their control, they're not liable.

What does the contract say?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Answered in another duplicate thread, but my guess is new car tax rates.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    daveyjp wrote: »
    Answered in another duplicate thread, but my guess is new car tax rates.

The "end of April" threw me a bit on that, so i didnt think it was, but i take your point.

£70 a year extra is peanuts compared to the depreciation on a new car... :eek:
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    You need to read the contract. Typically they have a clause which allows increases if the price to the dealer has gone up.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure