TalkTalk TV (formerly Blinkbox) feedback discussion

Comments

• qbazdz
    qbazdz Posts: 140 Forumite
    Anyone knows when 1k points would be credited to the Clubcard Account?
  • Gleek
    Gleek Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Post
    7. 1,000 Clubcard points will be added to qualifying customers Clubcard accounts by 22/02/2013.

http://feedback.blinkbox.com/entries/22927017-get-1-000-extra-clubcard-points-when-you-rent-2-movies-promotion
    Princess Sparklepants
  • I'm not sure if it is just my machine (I don't think so as it doesn't stop other links clicked through from MSE) but on using the provided link in today's email to blinkbox it opens a new tab for me, then closes it automatically.

I did follow another link but I have no idea if the points have credited. :(
  • udydudy
    udydudy Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just registered for blinkbox but am concerend that this 1k pts offer could just be a ruse to get people to join and spend the min £4.48 and as the T&Cs says 10k new customers only get the pts blinkbox would not remove the offer once 10k people have joined. As of 7:40am today morning the links still on their page which surprises me as normaly most offers disappear by this time.

That way the remaining millions of MSE customers who may join and spend the £4.48 would dirctly go to their bottom line.
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • smk77
    smk77 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    udydudy wrote: »
    Just registered for blinkbox but am concerend that this 1k pts offer could just be a ruse to get people to join and spend the min £4.48 and as the T&Cs says 10k new customers only get the pts blinkbox would not remove the offer once 10k people have joined. As of 7:40am today morning the links still on their page which surprises me as normaly most offers disappear by this time.

That way the remaining millions of MSE customers who may join and spend the £4.48 would dirctly go to their bottom line.

It's a bit of a gamble. I've signed up but won't be watching anything until the weekend. By that time 10,000 other people may have signed up after I did and managed to spend £4.48. They get points, I don't.

Before watching anything it may be worth checking to see if the offer is still on the website. If it is, rent 2 movies (you don't need to watch them) submit a support request and attached a screenshot of the offer (http://feedback.blinkbox.com/anonymous_requests/new) and ask if the offer is still active. Make sure the screenshot shows the date and time.

You will have the timing of your support request and the time you rented the movies. It wouldn't prove anything - just makes it a bit more difficult for them to argue.
  • SwipernoSwiping
    SwipernoSwiping Posts: 761 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January 2013 at 9:29AM
    I'm not sure if it is just my machine (I don't think so as it doesn't stop other links clicked through from MSE) but on using the provided link in today's email to blinkbox it opens a new tab for me, then closes it automatically.

I did follow another link but I have no idea if the points have credited. :(

I have just checked the link through from the Email sent out from MSE towers, that I clicked to get hte £1000 points deal. It's not the clubcard deal link thats stored in my browsing history. I cleared the history yesterday and didn't have a blinkbox account.
    I can only assume that if you use this link you are unlikely to get the 1000 points - as it's using their generic link. It has to be the the special
    blinkbox clubcard address /window. Which I have currently lost. could someone else post it for others to see?

I've informed via FB, but if anyone has a direct route through to the powers that be - could someone double check that I haven't got it wrong.
  • So I just signed up this morning and paid for two films immediately. There is now no mention of the offer and apparently my machine is too old to stream the movies!

It's the points that bother me most.... Surely there should be something on the Blinkbox site to let us know that the offer has expired? If that is the case.

Not impressed.
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I saw blinkbox mentioned elsewhere. I searched for a few movies and didn't find anything under £2.49. £1.89 for a TV episode?

Surely they could have a service like this, charge £1.00 for a movie, £0.50 for a TV episode, and make a sufficient profit for all concerned in producing and delivering the media.
  • udydudy wrote: »

Hi udydudy, thanks for your post about the Blinkbox offer. I had this response from Blinkbox yesterday:

The deal runs until the 28th of Jan but only for the first 10,000 customers. If we reach this number before the 28th Jan then the page will change when 10,000 redemptions are reached and message this fact to customers.

So Blinkbox will publish on the page when the offer has expired. And I will be checking the page today, keeping in contact with Blinkbox, to monitor numbers. I will change the MSE page if and when the offer expires.

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • Gigglepig
    Gigglepig Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Thank you becca, i was concerned as well but it is still on website so i have signed up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure