fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

I decided today to start a new diary. This has gone on long enough and its time to be pro-active again.

A bit about me: I am 54, live with my partner. I am recovering from M.E (mostly well now and able to work 12hours a week). I currently work as a housekeeper in a very posh, private house, have been doing this for 4 years now.
I love my home, homemaking, crafts, OS type things, gardening and now growing veg.
I am on a DMP with CCCS - best move I made.:T

The reasons for this diary is to get me motivated again.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Since about March I have been quite low and feeling very out of sorts and have let my MSE ways slip.
Currently there are many areas of life I'm dissatisfied with and am hoping to get these sorted out and under control:

Areas to sort:
1) Finances - in a muddle.
Need to write a budget - struggling with this as paid weekly, in cash and need to plan for monthly payments.

Need to stick to filling in my spending diary.
Need to sort out Council Tax and arrears.
Need to sort out Water and arrears.

2) Job - I hate
Need to find new one, that pays around the same but gives me some satisfaction and security

3) Smoking - far too many. Can't afford it and don't seem to be making any progress in cutting down. Not ready to quit yet, need to really cut down first and feel I'm getting somewhere.

4) House - a muddle and cluttered, but getting there on that front.
Need to get it's sparkle back and then I can face everything else.

5) Garden - taking shape and offering good therapy. Hope veggies provide lots. Looking for ways to benefit from new greenhouse.

6) Health - not too bad though need to keep an eye on mood swings for a bit. Don't want to go back on medication.

Think that's all for now, please feel free to help, suggest and prod me along.:eek:
Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
£2 saving plan:-

Comments

• MichCoop
    MichCoop Posts: 20 Forumite
    Didn't want to read and run...
    I hope you get things sorted soon enough and start to feel more on top of things.
    Somehow I find it motivating to read that other people also need a prod (like I do) sometimes!
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£734[/STRIKE] LPF CC [STRIKE]£412[/STRIKE] CBS Loan [STRIKE]£1100[/STRIKE] Barclay Loan [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £1499 Lloyds Overdraft [STRIKE]£740[/STRIKE] Kays Catalogue [STRIKE]£330[/STRIKE] £36.48 Cabot (littlewoods) [STRIKE]£2472[/STRIKE] JDWilliams Catalogue [STRIKE]£700[/STRIKE]
  • Hi robs mum... what sort of stuff do you need to do in the house ?? have you thought about carboot ebay things that you have not used for so long :D x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    :mad::mad::mad: Just done a long reply and lost it! That sort of thing doesn't help my frustration.

Thank you for your replies. I do find these boards an amazing support and encouragement.

I realize I have been depressed recently and that seems to distort my view of how I'm managing and also it seems living on a small income suddenly feels impossible!

Anyhow after staring my diary I got a bit motivated and did my ironing and then spent the rest of the afternoon planting out the rest of the veggie plants and finally started to repot my sad house plants.
    Only half the ironing got put away but that's a start.

I have finally run out of things to Ebay/Freecycle at the moment.
    The biggest problem with the house is it's small and has limited storage (we have maximised every bit of space) and because I have felt low I have let things go and everything has got dumped rather than put away:eek:
    so the house seems to have shrunk.

Have decided "babysteps all the way" is my new mantra.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Thanks for the replies and encouragment -keep them coming please/
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Just lost another post!:mad::mad::mad:

Feel a bit more positive today. Have beeen to work this morning and it wasn't too bad.
    Have decided that for the next week I am going to put 5 things a day back in their rightful place and do 1 bigger cleaning item a week. That will help to get the house a bit more under control.
    Looking around at the moment it won't be too taxing!

Also going to try and do at least 1 step on each of the other areas a week.
    Off to find some lunch before I do anything.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's darned annoying when you lose posts isn't it! It keeps happening to me too!

Good luck with things, baby steps is the way to go!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • robsmum_2
    I succeeded in todays 5 steps. Thought I'd start in the kitchen - the list was as follows:

Ironing - been there 24 hours
    Hair Clippers - 5 days
    Coats 5 days
    CD Rom 7 days
    CD's back in boxes Longer than I care to admit:eek:-
    Todays bigger housework was cleaning the kitchen --done.v
    Even managed to pay last of 2009's council Tax.

So today made a bit of progress.

Do other people find their moods effect their ability to debt bust and keep motivated?:eek:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Baby steps are good.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ju34514
    ju34514 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Do other people find their moods effect their ability to debt bust and keep motivated?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Hi Robs Mum,

I can totally relate to that. When I feel down everything in the house gets on top of me and things just don't get done, then that makes me feel even more down. Other times when my mood lifts I get a proper surge on and blitz the place and feel so much happier, lighter and ready to give them DCA's what for !!:rotfl:

Best Wishes
    Ju :)
    'The most important things in your life aren't things.'
  • robsmum_2
    Ju - thank you for your reply. That made me feel so much better!

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt like that and that I was going slightly mad!
    After all to keep up with the housework and everything isn't supposed to be rocket science, but sometimes it feels that way!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Yesterdays 5 items have merged with todays - gosh am I slipping already?
    Plastic box (returned to BIL) a month
    Freezer boxes(back in box) a month
    Glass bottles (recycled) too long (have I really drnk that much wine)
    Curtains (re-hung) 1 week
    Empty cake tin a month

Have cleaned and sorted the pantry/storage cupboard which was long over due. Think I can venture out of the kitchen now.
    Financial:
    Bagged up all my small change (my savings pot) and banked - £30!:j:j:j
    Paid £80 of wages into bank.

Think that's all so far this last 24 hours, but am beginning to feel a bit more under control.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills